Sivantos reports progress on sustainability as member of UN Global Compact
- Efforts focused on health, education, affordable and clean energy, and responsible consumption and production
- Improvements range from a higher percentage of women in VP positions to a considerable reduction of Greenhouse Gas emissions
- First Widex stories give an outlook on 2020 WS Audiology Communication on Progress
May 28, 2019 – As a signatory of the UN Global Compact, the world's largest corporate sustainability initiative, each participating company is obligated to report yearly the progress it has made on the matter. Today, and for the second time, Sivantos presents its "Communication on Progress" (COP).
The United Nations has designed 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDG)that form a blueprint for a better and more sustainable future for all. They address the many global challenges humankind faces, including those related to health (SDG3), education (SDG 4), affordable and clean energy (SDG 7), and responsible consumption and production (SDG 12).
True to the motto "Improving step by step", Sivantos has chosen, so far, to focus on the four SDGs mentioned above. In the current COP, 16 Sivantos entities across the world and various departments shared their progress, mainly through short stories of local examples where employees have contributed in many ways.
The report details the progress Sivantos has made over the past 12 months. Highlights include:
- Improved gender diversity at the senior level
- Increased donations and social investment
- Higher number of global manufacturing sites with ISO 14001 EMS certification, as well as more employees covered with this certification
- Reduced gross greenhouse gas emissions and decreased electricity usage
Since Sivantos recently merged with Widex to become WS Audiology A/S, in this issue of the Communication on Progress some exemplary Widex stories were included. Importantly, for the first time, SDG 7 (affordable and clean energy) has been covered: the carbon neutral Widex headquarters in Lynge, Denmark is proudly leading the way in this field. Next year, WS Audiology A/S will present its combined efforts.
The Sivantos Communication on Progress II (COP) can be found here: https://www.sivantos.com/societal-impact/#4133
Sabine Hauck, Head of External Communications
Phone: +49 (9131) 308-3039
About the Sivantos Group
Since March 1, 2019 Sivantos Group is part of WS Audiology A/S, a company formed that day through the combination of Singapore-headquartered Sivantos with Lynge/Denmark-based Widex. Today, the business has revenues of more than EUR 1.7 billion annually and sells one in 3 hearing aids worldwide.
More information can be found at www.sivantos.com