Siemens Pure 301 v 501

Hi all! New to the forum and just getting my sea legs with my new HAs. I am 44 and this is my first time out wearing instruments. I am already happy as can be hearing things I have been missing for maybe 20 years – the radiator, computer fan, chickadees, my daughter! I have been avoiding the aud for years after a scary test in 91. So very happy that I finally got over it! :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve been fit with Siemens Pure 301s and have been wearing them for two weeks under trial. I can tell I would probably would be happier with the 501s but barely… I am not just not sure it’s worth the extra money given that my loss isn’t so severe. Any thoughts from users? Would appreciate any insight.

In other news, I am having a heck of a time getting the Ipod function on my Iphone to play on my MiniTek. Everything else is working fine… just that. It’s a weird little glitch or it may just be me? I wish the device was a little more intuitive. I can’t wait for this stuff to move into the 21st century! Isn’t there an App for that?? :rolleyes:

I’m not sure of the cost difference but between the 301 and 501 is where the biggest jump in technology is. If you can swing the upgrade cost I would go 501 as you said you will always be wondering if you should have. I just got a miniTek a week ago… work’s great with cell, tvlink and pc.

here’s a chart I’m guessing you have already seen.
http://hearing.siemens.com/en/04-products/21-pure/05-Features/features.jsp