Siemens mini TEK

I hear ya. Mine just conked a week and a half before the warranty was up. Whew. Just dodged that bullet. It’s worked great up to this point, but yesterday, my left aid just started honking off like it was changing programs constantly. I just picked up a new phone (Galaxy S4). Don’t know if that caused the problem, but I nearly threw the unit out of the car while I was using Waze.

— Updated —

— Updated —

— Updated —

— Updated —

— Updated —

— Updated —

— Updated —

— Updated —

Hello, Can you tell me if you had any issues linking your Galaxy S4 to your MiniTek? I’ve had mine linked to my Droid Razr Maxx but can’t get it linked to my Galaxy S4. Also tried to get the MiniTek app (google playstore app) to work and it says my miniTek needs a firmware update? Not sure if that’s the reason it won’t link with my phone or not.
Any help woud be appreciated.
Thank you

Yes I could but Seb will be along soon…

I have had my mini for three years and just had the first problem with it it just stopped working we think i may have gotten water in it but my aud is sending it in for repairs which isn’t to bad only $290.00 vs. $490.00 for a new one I told her to put a rush on it because I can’t live without it it’s been a god send for me I can listen to tv, radio, my computer, and my phone also I have one of the transmitters hooked up to my walkie talkie at work and it helps with the loud noise at the school I work at.
love it and the Aquinas hearing aids .

no problems linking mine to my Galaxy S4 went through petty fast. are you getting the mini tek to be in the link mode sometimes that will will not let it hook up I know the first time I hooked mine up it didn’t go through due to the tek not being in the pairing mode but once it was it went right through never asked me for an update and I just did this in Janurary.

— Updated —

On the tek you can take it off headset on the phone and it will go to normal phone and when you hang up it will go back it has done this on all the phones I have had mine hooked up to , I have used it on samsung galaxy S4, LG P870, and various Flip phones in the last three years very happy with it.

I fell your frustration. I got my Siemens Pure 7 in Feb 2014 with the Mini-Tek and have had nothing but problems. Sound bounces from ear to ear. Talking on the Mini is useless the sound quality is so bad. Streaming is the same way in and out. My audiologist is pushing me for another brand. I chose these for the recharge feature which is also bad. Charge will last about 13 hours on the hearing aid with the rechargeable batteries. Mini Will last about 7 hours and that’s only to control the volume no Bluetooth. This whole setup is not what I would expect for the money. Very Dissatisfied.

— Updated —

I fell your frustration. I got my Siemens Pure 7 in Feb 2014 with the Mini-Tek and have had nothing but problems. Sound bounces from ear to ear. Talking on the Mini is useless the sound quality is so bad. Streaming is the same way in and out. My audiologist is pushing me for another brand. I chose these for the recharge feature which is also bad. Charge will last about 13 hours on the hearing aid with the rechargeable batteries. Mini Will last about 7 hours and that’s only to control the volume no Bluetooth. This whole setup is not what I would expect for the money. Very Dissatisfied.

Hi, I have m5 aquarius and minitek. My cell is a at+t Galaxy S4 with android kitkat. previous to this I had (still have ) Oticon epoq power rite with the streamer 1.4. First order, the mini connected no problem to the S4. Most bluetooth problems I’ve found with devices can be solved by reconnecting. shutting devices off and reconnecting. or erasing and repairing. I’ve learned i just have to do it sometimes as a fact of life. The streamer and the mini are no exception. Bluetooth is buggy, and we’ve come to accept buggy as a standard in electronics these days and that is sad. People haven’t complained about sound quality on the phone with the mini, they did with the streamer. I wear it in a belly band with my insulin pump and continuous glucose monitor under a shirt and usually noone notices and everything is safe and inconspicuous. reception to the aids is fine with this. I would probably not wear this setup to the airport. I like that the mini streams in stereo, the streamer does not. the mini beeps for any odd reason and I feel like i live in a video game sometimes. the cell ringing is beeps too. I really can’t tell what it’s doing, and wish the sounds were customizable. I listen to pandora a lot, and fortunately have grandfathered in unlimited data plan. Sometimes the mini will mute outside sounds with phone or music sometimes it doesn’t. I have no clue how to toggle into and out of this. As opposed to the mute button which just shuts all sound. If anybody knows, please tell me. The big dealbreaker: voice commands. I use them in the car a lot. picking up the phone is illegal in my (and most) states. I need to be able to “call mary”, “Text john : i’ll be there in 15 minutes” etc by voice. My streamer did this (with this, and any other phone I’ve tried it with), as does every inexpensive B/T earpiece. The mini appears to have the correct B/T protocol for this. did they just not activate it? or did they just assign the b/t programming to a jr engineer? or is there something I’m not doing right? any thoughts. My main reason for trying the aquarius is I ride a motorcycle, and get caught in the rain sometimes. , I go rafting and swimming and have a hot tub and wish to be able to communicate at those times. The sound quality of the aquarius aids I’m good with.

google is your friend
the answers are in the minTek user guide…

How condescending. somehow I expected a better class of people here.

— Updated —

How condescending. somehow I expected a better class of people here.

if I do your homework then you won’t learn and come back asking us to do more homework for you.

have you downloaded the miniTek user guide and progrmming guide and looked them over?

http://hearing.siemens.com/Resources/Literature/uk/miniTek%20Fitting%20Guide.pdf?__blob=publicationFile

yes I did read it when I got it. Somehow I missed that part. about the mike mute.
the other questions are still not answered in the manual.
It remains inappropriate to be condescending, which you still persist in being.
I guess it has happened to you enough times that you believe it is acceptable conduct. It is not.
As a generalization, you do not regard people on the internet different than you would, face to face.
If you are this way face to face, I feel bad for you, you must make your life unnecessarily difficult and the world a lesser place than it need be.
Hopefully you will look in the mirror and decide this is not the person you really want to be. But I doubt it. Denial can be very strong.

oh my… you are going to hurt my feelings. I assume you have downloaded the proper app from the play-store and setup up your S4 correctly?

i have indeed downloaded the ap. it works k for what it is.however it had no settings that appear to be able to enable voice commands, the settings on my phone are the same as what works for voice dil with all my other devices.i have tried any combination I can find, but still no voice commands. If there is a particular setting that would help I’d be grateful for the knowledge. Right now, it looks like poor programming on the mini tek. since I frequently need these functions to legally use my phone while driving they are important to me, and I believe many others.

imo, hearing impaired folks (me included) have enough problems driving without adding a cell phone in the mix. hang up and drive.

— Updated —

imo, hearing impaired folks (me included) have enough problems driving without adding a cell phone in the mix. hang up and drive.

Actually, texting while driving is illegal in most states, but a hand held ban in only 12 states, plus DC, PR, Guam, and VI.

http://www.ghsa.org/html/stateinfo/laws/cellphone_laws.html

Sorry Doc but I’m calling bullshit on this one!

thank you very much… what exactly cant you find between the user and programming guides? or was you just bored?

Siemens literature states you have to have it programmed with software to get other sources.
I discovered this when minitek would not receive these signals.My audi did not know that,so i have togo back