Siemens mini TEK

Number of programs depends on the hearing aid, not the mini-tek. The Pure 700/701 has up to 5 programs.

Takes too long to switch between programs and connect to transmitter.
Must be in same room with transmitter for TV/Radio.
Must hang Minitek around your neck and center of chest (about 12 inches max distance fro hearing aids) to get true bi-aural reception: it cuts out if you move side to side.
Good Bluetooth for mobile phone but I can’t get Tcoil to work for home phone.
I paid $550 at Hearx, they can be bought for $400 online but it still has to be programmed.
I’d rate it a 5 out of 10, lots of room for improvement.

Tcoil in MiniTek is not for phone use. It is for external looped systems like auditoriums, churches, etc. According to Siemens on audiologyonline.com. the quality of speech using bluetooth streaming between aids and phone is much better than tcoils use for phones.

Just got Minitek: Like it so far, would have preferred wider / flatter (so fit flat in shirt pocket). Audi programmed it for Buetooth phone, see in sales blurb that that can add more Buetooth devices, but can’t find actually how to connect / pair with second Bluetooth device anywhere in manual. Manual talks about prgramming through Connexx software. Does it mean have to take back to audi, or download Connexx software, do it myself?

Hay

Siemens mini TEK,this was a new thing for me and until and unless me thoroughly studied then me can give some comments about the siemens.Need for more sharing.

How about in Church, shows, and auditorium functions? Does it improve landline phone use as well as cell phones? I’m a little hesitant where it costs so much.

I’ve had my Siemens Motion 701 for both ears for about two weeks, and I’m very pleased. I bought it at HearUSA with a 20% AARP discount. It has five programs: universal, bluetooth phone, T-coil, noisy environment, and Tek. I got the miniTek a week ago for $300. I used the T-coil program to access the hearing loop during a movie at the Coolidge Corner Theater in Brookline (the only theater with a hearing loop in Massachusetts) and was impressed by the clarity. However, I am a little disappointed with the miniTek. The sound quality when accessing music on my iPod via Bluetooth is somewhat narrow and tinny, like cheap earphones, and the volume is low. I’ve tried to increase the volume on the miniTek but it doesn’t go very high. Is there some other way to increase the volume?

The volume setting can be adjusted via the audi (by programming the miniTek).

In most situations the audi takes defaults.

I connect to iPad and the sound is better via BT wireless using my 701 Pure Carat as wireless headset rather than listing via the tiny loudspeakers in the iPad and the 2 microphones in each HA.

In the “Connect Quick FirstFit”, and in the “minTek Guide to features, benefits and fitting” you will find more details.

program 2 is reserved for BT Cellular phone connection. you can pair 2 cell phones and connect with either. the miniTek takes 1 of the 5 positions. it will feed either of up to 2 TVLinks or 1 TVLink or 1 VoiceLink. These BT MACs have to be added via Connexx. You can also connect almost any device that is BT 4.0 as the devices will pair the miniTek. the sound and volume can be adjusted for eact of the 5 programs. I like the program with the mini to have more bass and less high end.

Been fooling with my new Minitek that came with the 5 micons. First the program set with the 5mi is:

1.normal
2. BT
3. noisy environment
4 TV transmitter
5. music
6. outdoor sport

The minitek pairs up easily. I was a little disappointed with the sound quality in pairing with my Itouch sounds like a little louder than Itouch with the tiny speaker in the back playing louder. Going soon to a local audi for some adjustment and assistance. All in all its a great addition to the HA’s though.

I’m confused are you asking something or telling us something.

you might start here for the miniTek and then go to downloads a couple of choices down for a miniTek user guide. http://hearing.siemens.com/Global/en/products/wireless/minitek/minitek.html

here’s exactly what works great for me… (siemens pure carat 701 RICs)
1 - normal/auto handles 99% of situations.
2 - BT phones
3 - miniTek, 1 TVLink and 1 VoiceLink (bt macs have to be added in connexx. (bumped up the bass and cuts some off the top)
4 - speech focus, long story but will pickup voice from beside or behind and cut noise from the other directions. great for driving or sitting in a booth eating. http://hearing.siemens.com/Global/en/professional-area/knowledge-base/faq/faq.html?slotName=Speech+Focus#faqCotegory_Speech Focus
5 - open, I tried a bunch of the other programs and none of them did much better then letting program 1 handle everything.

I don’t have SoundBrilliance enabled, not recommended for HP receivers. tried it and they were right.

if you go to the FAQS on the professional side of the seimen site there is a bunch of information.

Wim44

Sorry it is participating, specifically for me in golf. I wanted wind and rear noise reduction. I could hear a pin drop behind me using my Centra Actives and drove me crazy. Actually stopped using them playing. Hope the weather warms enough to try it out soon.

@jrr : thanks for clarification.
I will ask for Outdoor Sports too.

@ Uncle Larry:
I gave describtion of my current HA’s and the issues (denoted by ? and mentioned below: not functioning).
Thanks for your add. comments.

Found this site out of frustration on the Mini-Tek. I have had it for about a month paired with Siemens . The Mini-Tek pairs to my phone about 50% of the time and I have used it on 2 phones Droid and Iphone. When it does pair the conversation will bounce from ear to ear connecting and disconnecting. I have the remote within 12” of the hearing aids and about 2 feet from the phone. If it have the remote 3 feet from the hearing aid it does not work. I had a cheap Bluetooth I used for my phone which sounded 100 times better than this does. I am to the point of calling it quits with this. I have sent it back once and just today got a replacement and this one disconnects even worse that the other

I hear ya. Mine just conked a week and a half before the warranty was up. Whew. Just dodged that bullet. It’s worked great up to this point, but yesterday, my left aid just started honking off like it was changing programs constantly. I just picked up a new phone (Galaxy S4). Don’t know if that caused the problem, but I nearly threw the unit out of the car while I was using Waze.

— Updated —

— Updated —

— Updated —

— Updated —

— Updated —

— Updated —

— Updated —

— Updated —

Hello, Can you tell me if you had any issues linking your Galaxy S4 to your MiniTek? I’ve had mine linked to my Droid Razr Maxx but can’t get it linked to my Galaxy S4. Also tried to get the MiniTek app (google playstore app) to work and it says my miniTek needs a firmware update? Not sure if that’s the reason it won’t link with my phone or not.
Any help woud be appreciated.
Thank you

Yes I could but Seb will be along soon…

I have had my mini for three years and just had the first problem with it it just stopped working we think i may have gotten water in it but my aud is sending it in for repairs which isn’t to bad only $290.00 vs. $490.00 for a new one I told her to put a rush on it because I can’t live without it it’s been a god send for me I can listen to tv, radio, my computer, and my phone also I have one of the transmitters hooked up to my walkie talkie at work and it helps with the loud noise at the school I work at.
love it and the Aquinas hearing aids .

no problems linking mine to my Galaxy S4 went through petty fast. are you getting the mini tek to be in the link mode sometimes that will will not let it hook up I know the first time I hooked mine up it didn’t go through due to the tek not being in the pairing mode but once it was it went right through never asked me for an update and I just did this in Janurary.

— Updated —