Siemans Aquaris - personal reviews?

Anyone use Siemans Aquaris hearing aids? My four year old daughter currently wears Oticon Safari hearing aids. We are considering buying her waterproof ones because recently we have noticed her withdraw from her friends and family at the pool and beach. We live in South Florida and only a few blocks from the beach. She LOVES the water but recently has been misinterpreting her surroundings and saying no one wants to play with her because they won’t talk to her (obviously it’s because she is not wearing her hearing aids and can’t hear anyone). She is only four so she really can’t give me any solid feedback on the hearing aids if we did purchase them. I assume they are costly, just want to know if they are worth it. Thanks for any feedback!

This is a good thread about it

That thread was very helpful. I just worry the quality won’t be as good and she wont be able to explain it to me. Thanks again.

The Phonak H2Os Hearing Aids are classed as the same water rating as the Auqaies and I believe people have had better experience with them.

They can be submerged for up to 29 mins at a time :slight_smile:

No, they’re not. The Phonaks are classified as IP67 while the Aquaris is IP68.

Ah ok. I was just going from what I read on here in the past…

That’s what happens when you post hearsay without checking the facts first.

that has never stopped anyone from posting… what hey heard from a friend of a friend or always suggesting Phonak. IMHO, I don’t care what the rating is I would not trust any aids to continue to function if it’s constantly getting wet as at the beach and salt water… of course everyone has an opinion.

I couldn’t agree with you more. Please people, talk about your personal experience as just that, your personal experience and let the people decide for themselves what they want to get out of it. But DO NOT make statements as facts if you really have no clue what you are talking about. It can be very misleading and damaging to people who are looking for valid information. We seem to have one poster who does this over and over again.

Totally agree with you there. I wouldn’t trust any HA near water even if it was IP68!

If that applying me, then maybe you need your eyes checked!! I don’t always just suggest Phonaks!

Why would I need to check my facts when I have no intention to use it myself?! Why do people post incorrect info in the first place in this thread, where other people can get the info?! Maybe because most of us are uses, not pros!

Yes NaidaUP - he was talking about you, what was your first clue?

:rolleyes:

Not everyone has a choice. What if you’re a swimming coach who works in a pool with kids or athletes?

Oh my god, so you think it’s perfectly acceptable to pass along misinformation as long as it doesn’t affect you personally? It doesn’t bother you that other people might make ill-informed decisions based on what you say?

I work as a sailing instructor and have no choice as they don’t make them for my loss!!! SO , yes everyone has a choice!

You need to re read my post. I said I have no intention to use it myself so I don’t need to check the website for actual details. I would expect info put on here previously to be correct! DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT NOW!!!

Anyone can look on the manufactures website to get the correct info, if they actually want to purchase the HAs instead of going to a forum full of users and only a few pros!

You need to re read my post. I said I have no intention to use it myself so I don’t need to check the website for actually details. I would expect info put on here previously to be correct! DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT NOW!!!

Anyone can look on the manufactures website to get the correct info, if they actually want to purchase the HAs instead of going to a forum full of users and only a few pros!

evidently this web site doesn’t count the text inserted into the quotes as input. in addition to the silly 5 min between post.

my message again seems to be too short… or the software to old.

Forget I asked. I am embarrassed that I even came to this forum. Of course as a mother of a child with hearing loss I did my due diligence and have been in contact with her Audiologist. I was simply asking for personal reviews since my daughter is too young to completely verbalize the experience. She is four years old and deserves to swim in the pool and at the beach with her friends. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = “urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office” /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
I once posted on a teenage hearing loss forum before purchasing her Safari’s and the responses were mature and respectful, I wish I could say the same for this forum. Best wishes to each of you.<o:p></o:p>

you’re most welcome… if you plan to have her swimming in the pool I hope you have deep pockets.

Karen2013, I have been on this forum for a few years now and I have to say usually the questions are answer well. Sorry your first experience was poor.

I am currently trialing the Siemens Aquaris 7mi and I really like them. I have 4 young kids (under 9) and wanted something I could use while playing in the water with them and in the pool. So far they have been rained on, sprayed with a hose, and hit with a water balloon with no problems. I am going to the pool with them today. The only issue I see with the pool, is they are only rated down to 3’, so if used below that, it would void the warranty.

If you have the option, I would recommend getting a pair from an audiologist that has the option for an extended warranty. My plan is to use them to the max of their specifications and just send them off for repair when needed. I am sure they will need repair more than hearing aids that are babied, but to me it is worth it. I also have my old pair as a spare for while they are in the shop.

Audio quality is very good; I like the sound better than my Naida’s. Feedback is a little worse, but they suppress it pretty quickly when it happens. Battery life is better than my Naida’s, even with a lot of Bluetooth streaming, I get 7-8 days.

I don’t know if you use multiple programs or not, but keep in mind that there are no controls on the Aquaris aids themselves. Everything has to be adjusted from a remote (program selection and volume).