September = New products at Costco?

costco
hearing-aids

The rumor has been that Costco would get a new resound Product (Verso based?) and a new Kirkland signature product in September.

If anyone learns anything more definitive will you please post?

0 Likes

Costco Kirkland Signature 5.0
Resound Verso

I heard the Kirkland Signature 5.0 will be available around the 16th of September. That’s the new ReSound-based product. The display/demo unit should be showing up at stores any day now.

0 Likes

I heard ‘end’ of Sept in one store. Then while out of town, I dropped in another Costco and was told they’d prolly be ready to go after their annual conference which is ~ Sept 21-23. I do know at the second strore they’d taken down the Kirkland displays and had gotten updates on some of their fitting software in preparation for this. I’ll begin trial at the earliest possible moment, as I’m on borrowed time on current HAs. if hearing aids had dog years - say about a one/fourteen ratio, then they’d be 84. The need a transplant, hgh and some megavitas.:} Hopefully, this new product will do the trick.

0 Likes

My dispenser says he expects them within a week and confirmed they’re a Resound product. He didn’t have any details and couldn’t respond to my question of whether they’d be comparable to the Charismos he sold me… I have 2 weeks left on my 90 day return privilege for the Charismos and I’d really like to try the new Kirklands before my time runs out.

Does anyone know whether this is the new Kirkland product or the old one?..
http://www.costco.com/kirkland-signature-hearing-aid.html

0 Likes

I went last week for my first visit to Costco. They are about 1.5 hours away, but I could not afford $5,000+ locally. I have been reading the posts here about new models. I asked a few questions as I did not want to deal wih returning one set for another to have the latest technology. I noticed the Kirkland products were gone and I learned about the up coming conference Sept. 21-23. In the end I decided to wait a few more weeks, even though I liked what I could hear through the demo units. It became very quiet when I had to take them out. A few more weeks…

Mike

0 Likes

Just returned from an adjustment session at my Costco. The guy said the new Kirkland HA will be released on Monday, 9/9/13, and will be based on the Resound Versa. He recommended waiting to do anything (I’m about half-way through my trial period with the Resound Forsa) until he returns from the annual conference 9/23.

Is there a good comparison somewhere between the Forsa and the Versa?

0 Likes

Why are you saying that the ReSound product is the Kirkland product? While they may choose ReSound to make a Kirkland product that would not be marketed as the same.

0 Likes

When I asked the local Costco here in mid August. I asked specifically about a ReSound product. The fitter said it would be in Sept. They did not mention Kirkland. They only responded to me asking about ReSound. Of course that doesn’t mean anything but…looks like we know something is coming but we don’t know how many or who. LOL

0 Likes

I asked at my local Costco today and they said they expected new Kirkland Signatures this month. I asked who would be the manufaturer of the new Kirklands and they said Rexton. They said they had not yet heard anything about a new Resound Costco product. That conflicts with what Rasmus says he heard. I hope Rasmus’s source was correct and the new Kirklands will, in fact, be Resound Verso-based. Has anyone else asked who the manufacturer of the new Kirklands will be?

0 Likes

Since I now have a Verso, I can tell you that if it is a Resound that is based on the Verso, you will be very happy. I put my MicroTech back on for a day and couldn’t hear a thing…comparatively speaking.

0 Likes

The audi I saw at Costco this weekend also said that they would be getting the Resound Verso’s in and thought that the Kirkland brand was going to be a Resound product. He said he would send me an e-mail with the details but I have not received one yet. They are scheduled to get training on the new Resounds this week.

0 Likes

Sho,
Why don’t you take your MicroTech’s back into the audi’s you like and see if they can get them working better for you?

0 Likes

What are you going to do with the MicroTech units? They’re only 4 months old and you paid $2400, right? It would be a terrible waste if they just sit around in a drawer.

0 Likes

Seb and Rasmus_braun: I’ve had at least 12 visits to my audio and have seen both the owner and fitter. They are great guys and there is no problem seeing them but for what ever reason, the 2 different sets of ReSound aids I’ve used both worked better than the MicroTech Avail for me. I had a pair of Forza from Costco and this used pair of Verso and both worked better with no tweaking than the MicroTech. For me the speech just seems “sharper” with the ReSounds. It’s just on the edge of being too sharp but I think that is what helps me understand the speech. I’m still deciding what to do with the MicroTech Avail. They are great hearing aids and I got a good deal on them.

I’m thinking about putting the MicroTechs up for sale. I should come out OK considering the price I paid and how new they are.

0 Likes

Sorry for the similar post. The forum has been selecting my posts for moderation. Seems to be an issue with the forum and not something I’ve done wrong. Not sure if it’s fixed yet.

0 Likes

My Costco Au,D said that the new Kirkland Signiture will be Resound Verso’s and she expects them this month.

0 Likes

Dropped by Costco today and was told the Kirkland Signature 5.0 (KS5) will be available in store by mid September and can place orders for it now. The KS5 is made by ReSound and is based on the Verso 9. [LEFT][/LEFT]

0 Likes

Sho,

I think they are selecting all posts for moderation, which is slowing the Forum down to a crawl. Yesterday I didn’t notice the blurb on the bottom of the screen and almost posted the same thing twice.

0 Likes

I was in Costco yesterday for my hearing test and the tech said the new model (KS%) had come in the day before. I tested the demo and decided to purchase it. $1,899.99 for the pair with an included remote. I go in for my fitting next Friday.

0 Likes

Audi from Costco called today, told me that the ReSound Forzas I ordered a week ago had been reduced in price from $2700 to $1900. Also, the new deal includes a $250 remote, which I hadn’t ordered, and which the old deal did not. Gotta go in Monday to complete some paperwork to swap our the order so I get the new HAs. But I’m curious to see if there is a better replacement available for the original price. We shall see.

0 Likes