Selling Old Hearing Aids!

Hi All,
I was wondering if it’s legal to sell hearing aids? (on Ebay for example)
My brother got a bunch of them, since he was kid he keep changing equipment’s, and now he is planning to get the Agil pro (BTE or RITE not sure), so to finance the extortionist price tag of the new once, I thought he can sell the old one on Ebay! Any idea or help?
Thank you

Extortionist price tag? You must be able to hear okay. :rolleyes: You can sell practically anything on e bay, but why ask here, ask e bay.

Hask12
Here in the UK it’s forbidden to go and buy Hearing Aids like you buy a biscuit, that’s why I asked this question.
“Extortionist price tag”, well a hearing aid that cost at least £1900 for one unit, that’s for me it’s EXTORTIONIST, meaning £3800 for both Ear + £££ for the connect streamer and TV box, you will end up paying almost £4000.
the people with hearing difficulties are already struggling to make their daily bread, add on top of that this ridiculous price to pay for a decent hearing aid, sorry but I’m fuming at company who make such gain using vulnerable people.
I hope you understand.

When you think of what a hearing aid is capable of doing, what an improvement it can make in a person’s life and considering that no two loses are a like I would say that aids are unfortunately expensive but i would never say extortion. When I think how expensive life saving surgery is, well then…
Like I said, you’re not the one who is almost deaf. Hopefully you are not letting your brother be aware of your attitude and making him feel guilty about his loss. Oh and companies making profits over peoples vulnerabilities pretty much pertains to all companies. I run into that every time I buy gas.

Hask12
I don’t know, but it seems either you misunderstood me or deliberately firing at me.
The purpose of this thread is to find out if selling Hearing Aids is legal or not, since buying them from an Audiologist require a bunch of procedure and they’ve told me it’s illegal for them to sell them without following the procedure.
I don’t deny the utility of the hearing aids and grateful to whoever helped or is helping on developing them for good purpose.
Now, for the case of my brother, I’m sure most of the people with hearing difficulties (it happened I’m one of them too, but I don’t use HA) have at least one old HA they don’t use, and for me it constitutes a dormant investment, it happened that my brother have got a bunch of them, and thought that selling them will help toward the cost of the new once he is planning to buy, therefore my thread here.
For the extortionist price tag, you are talking without having all the facts and without knowing someone else’s situation; maybe for you you’ve got Healthcare Aids or your bank account is bigger than Bill Gates, I will just remind you that there are people who cannot join the two end of the month, and it happened that my Little brother have had to work 3 hard sweating years so he can afford one decent hearing aid + Streamer, and I bet for you it takes just as easy as buying a carrot cake.
“Making him guilty about his loss” this is a complete gibberish; the fact is, everyone is given a lots of gifts and they can be taken away in a blink of an eye, and for that I’m unreservedly thankful to God for his ocean of gifts He gave and is giving me and my family, also I’m thankful to Him for the help and guidance He provided and is providing. We all have been given a lot and as such it can be taken away, my brother happened that his hearing capabilities have been reduced and nevertheless I’m extremely proud of him, It took me a long time to wake up and trying to help him, and don’t we say “it’s never late to do well”, therefore what I’m doing here, and I don’t give a damn garbage about money, because I’m not money driven, but just want to share his burden and help him get a better life, sure I might remind him of his disability, as he want an CIC kind of HA, but looking at his losses I most of the time suggest a BTE until lately we found out that a RITE is also capable of nearly the same performances than the BTE; and I constantly say to him don’t bother about people seeing you wearing HA, you are complete Human being and you deserve the same respect than anyone else and you shouldn’t feel any guilt or complex, because it wasn’t your fault, and people when they see you wearing HA will take care of you and speak slowly and clearly so you can understand and communicate with them.
Comparing hearing aids with lifesaving surgery I might accept that, but comparing it to GAS! That’s unacceptable, and I will let your imagination swim if by any circumstances the planet run out of OIL, still there are plenty of ways for transportation industry to develop, for the price of GAS I think every country have got different price, I suppose if you spend £1,4 per Litre here in UK, the same £1,4 will get you maybe 10 litres in another country (I suppose), it’s relative to a lots of factors and I’m convinced that the price per gallon you are paying is way below the real price; that’s for the GAS, I think the prices of HA should be factor of affordability of each country, so that children and adults can benefit from the technology available at that time not wait a decade to get their hand on old one and still paying a huge price for it.
As those insignificant guys have bailed a rotten banking and economical systems, why can’t they bail a tranche of vulnerable people?
These are my few words, Thanks for reading.

Like I said, ask ebay. But I don’t see why there would be a problem.

You can sell a used hearing aid on Ebay. The fact that many used hearing aids have been sold and continue to be sold on Ebay is a clear indication that it isn’t illegal. Individuals, audiologists, dispensers and others sell used hearing aids on Ebay all the time. The only requirement is to display a medical examination waiver notice. Similar to this:

“According to the FDA, it is in your best health interest to obtain a professional medical evaluation before purchasing a hearing aid and you are encouraged to do so before bidding on this item. If you choose to not obtain a medical evaluation before purchasing this item, I am required by law to provide to you and obtain from you a signed written waiver of the medical evaluation, and I am required to provide to you a copy of the User Instruction Brochure for a hearing aid, review the contents of that brochure with you, and afford you time to read the brochure. You must provide to me either a signed statement from a physician or a signed waiver before I will deliver this item to you. Upon your request, I will also provide to you a copy of the User Instructional Brochure for the hearing aid or the name and address of the manufacturer or distributor from whom a User Instructional Brochure for the hearing aid can be obtained.”

Dirkie
You are A STAR, Thank you very much.
I think I will just write something like: “By purchasing this item you agree to the terms and conditions …”;
Better than asking for a signed paper.
Thx

I guess asking ebay wasn’t a good answer. Oh well.

Hask12
I did Ask Mr Ebay and I found some people selling them there, but my Brother want me to sell them for him, but I don’t want to, I want him to do it and get the money himself :slight_smile:
I appreciate your help, a Great Thanks.