Seeking advice on backup hearing aids

BINGO. And if I worked for Starkey, I’d be BUGEYED reading that. I’d want to change the system. Starkey aids are not like putting someone on the moon. They are hearing aids, and it is not rocket science. They simply have a very big pipeline manufacturing snafu. They need to branch out, get new suppliers or figure out how to make MORE of the devices if they plan to sell them. You’d think they would have that figured out cuz they’ve been in business for so many decades.

There has to be something going on internally at Starkey - maybe ironing out licensing, supplies, manufacturing, sales, compensation, training, who-knows-what? But they are losing sales across the board the longer they can’t supply trial aids to willing customers.

In fact, I think part of the problem why Starkey Genesis isn’t out there in vast numbers is cuz they’ve had all kinds of odd performance issues. Could be as simple as that: the aids are NOT stable, and flooding the market with them now could actually hurt sales.

I’m guessing there are some well established providers that have established clientele that find “free trials” help facilitate sales. I suspect for somebody just starting up they would be way more hassle than they’re worth.

To be honest with you, I’m a senior, and I would prefer to pay for all services. Audi should be paid by visits and appointments. And not by the sale of HA. This is a conflict of interest.