Scratchy noise in hearing aid from contact with eyeglass temple

It is worst during meals. Even my wife, on the other side of the table, can hear the scratchy noise from my Resound Quattros when they move along the spectacle bars because of my chewing.

Have someone experienced this - and solved the problem?

I have considered putting on some soft rubbery tape called “self vulcanising tape”, but I am afraid I could clog a microphone hole since I’m unable to see where these are positioned.

Thanks!

1 Like

Maybe get two small rubber bands or neoprene O-rings to put on the temples of your glasses. Position them so they touch the body of the aids to dampen vibrations.

I would forget the vulcanizing tape … (pretty fast!)

2 Likes

Put a short bit of sticking plaster on the underneath of your spectacle arms.

2 Likes

Does it happen when you run your finger along the temple** of the eye glasses?

If so, I’ve had that along with a separate problem with my quattros, Sending them back for replacement fixed it. It was very loud when it was happening. Even just touching and running my finger on the body of the HA caused loud scratchy noise.

Link to description of parts of spectacles

2 Likes

Thanks. Good suggestions. I also have some very soft silicone tubes that may do the job.
Of course it is better to put something on the glasses instead of the HA!

The HAs makes a pretty loud noise if I touch them with my fingers. I use this to control that the wax filters are not clogged. Touching the glasses has no such effect.

I only get glasses with titanium frames and take the plastic ends off. They are more comfortable to me that way. The earpiece doesn’t turn green being titanium. I buy these from Zenni and other online glasses stores.

1 Like

Perhaps the correct diameter of heat shrink tubing (for covering wiring connections) might work. We used to be able to buy it at “Radio Shack”. Perhaps it can be found at an auto parts store?

Slide pieces onto your “temples”, “bows” (or what ever you want to call them) of the desired length and position them to match your HA body and shrink them with heat. Heat shrink is very thin and might help.

1 Like