Saving hearing aid reports in Phonak Target software

Does anyone have problems retrieving hearing aid reports from the Target software? I don’t want to print out the reports and the target software will not let me save my reports to Documents. I used to be able to click on the email then that would bring up a pdf file but not anymore. Anyone got any ideas I’m seem to be out of luck here. I can save them to the phonak target but no where else.

thanks

I just checked, it’s works as it should, you can save to your desk top and open with Doc, or any other PDF software, one way is to do this straight from “clients and sessions” on the far right click on “reports” or just open your last session and click print or send reports (top right in target) and pick what you want to save and then click save at bottom right,you then get a pop up as to where you want to save the file, I did “desktop” worked fine, there’s other ways to do it, but this seems pretty easy way.

3 Likes

I agree with @tenkan. You can also PRINT to PDF, too, which is what I just did. Make sure your PDF output is in color so if you’re doing the graphical reports, you get the full benefit of color graphs. Also, when I just tried it, I had my printing resolution initially set at 600 DPI. If you reduce the res to 300 DPI and don’t include fonts in the PDF, you get a PDF file that’s about 1/3 the size of a color 600 DPI PDF with fonts included (the included fonts are standard Windows fonts, so you don’t really need to have them included). 160 kb vs 480 kb for a binaural (graphical) fitting report, for example.

Thanks for the feedback but the only thing that seems to work is printing. I can’t even change the default printer to pdf like I can with a normal print selection. When I try to email the report target gives me an error message no email found. When I hit the save button after selecting the reports it opens to the documents but nothing in the space for saving. This is really frustrating. I cannot find any setting in the target software to make any changes.
thanks

Oh this is easy, what you do is you write the file name in the blank space, give it any name you want, say Phonak Report and click save, bingo it saves to “desktop”

1 Like

I had no trouble changing the printer. In Target 8.0.3, the printer initially came up as a physical printer and I had my choice of all the other printers set up for my computer, including several virtual PDF printers.

1 Like

Thanks Jim, what I usually when want to save some to pdf I just open the printer page and there I have an option to print or save to pdf. I did not have that option with print in Target. I was able to open documents and type in the file and it saved the report.

1 Like

Question for those on this thread: I have been trying to save my hearing aid settings as a PDF (same as screenshot earlier in this thread)

However when I compare the PDF report to the numbers shown on screen directly in the software program, the numbers in the PDF report are all different from that within the software program. Have tried this with multiple saved sessions, binaural, each ear, graphical, numerical etc.

Any fixes to generate an accurate PDF report?

Download a new PDF reader on your computer. Delete the old one or inform the computer that the new PDf reader as “default”. I am using “Sumatra PDF” - fast and good.

I wouldn’t think that the PDF software is making the changes, I just use the one in windows, you can actually also just save as is to the desktop and then open and print from there.
Also this question was answered in a post from @Sanaya.

Ok, thanks! Will try this :slight_smile:

Cross-posting the fix for my above query in case helpful for anyone else in the future:

1. Check the measurement standard on your session page (2cc, real ear insertion etc.)
  2. Exit your session and navigate to the home page of the Target software app. Go to settings > reports> there is a drop down list for what the reports are generated in. Select the measurement standard you need. Note that this changes report generation on the software for all sessions.
  3. Go back to your saved session and generate the report
1 Like

I’m not sure anyone else would have this issue, your the first to post such, but I’m glad you got it sorted in the end.

1 Like