Roger On installation and pairing

So sorry to hear, I should not have told you. Heads up

1 Like

No worries, it’s good to have some feedback, so others will have the knowledge and shop around.
Thank you

1 Like

You can’t, until you use a Roger Installer.

I bought a Roger X 02 receiver with audio shoe for £15 that had the right serial number.

It coming with an audio shoe, meant it was more likely to not be empty.

1 Like

I have the Roger Installer @Baltazard, bought mines from South Korea last year, via eBay for approximately £180, including expedited tracked airmail, it has went up in price since then I believe? Cheers Kev :wink:

1 Like

Thank you for all your help Baltazard! I’m considering buying a used Roger On on ebay to pair with my new L90s. I asked the seller to press the install button and take a pic of the screen showing that the receivers are still in it. But he can’t find the install button. See attached pic. Does this mean it’s the non-iN version of the Roger On?

1 Like

@rex-hawaii

Ask him to read the label that is on the back to say what it is.

It’s on the picture but burry.

Looks like it says Model: Roger On and that is it. It would say Model: Roger On iN if it was the one you needed.

2 Likes

@rex-hawaii

I know I am too late to respond.

It is only because I was struggling once as a beginner also that I would like to post a picture of the visual differences between the on and on in.

Mind that the Roger On In has a hole on the back you can push with a pin. The ON lacks this hole.

On the other hand the label on the back also tells the model:.

This hole is to place the licenses in your HA’s. You can also check in the same way to see if the licenses are on board of the Roger On In as when you push it with a pin it will let you see how many there are on the Roger left/ not transmitted.

If your (Roger ready) HA is direct near the Roger and in coupling mode the license will be transferred one at a time by pushing the hole. In the same way you can transfer them back to the Roger

If the licenses are used or not on the Roger anymore it will show you the 0 if you push the hole.

So by using the Roger On and no licenses on you HA installed the Roger will not connect/ be usable.

Hope this makes it easy for people who want to know.

2 Likes

Thank you, yes I figured it was the non-iN version.

Instead, I bought an On iN (used on ebay, $1200) and successfully paired it with my new L90s. Now I just need to go to a noisy restaurant and give it a try!

1 Like

@rex-hawaii
Good to hear.
It works well if you do not set the volume to high. Rather go down in volume.
Makes you hear a lot better, if you place it at the right position!
Give it a try, You will feel like a spy.

2 Likes

Keep in mind that the Roger On iN comes with internal licences for use with 2 aids. As emile.heilbron noted above, you transfer the two licenses to your aids. At this point the iN is bound to those aids and cannot be used with any other aids, unless you transfer the licenses back “into” the iN.

WARNING. If an animal (my cat in my example) eats your hearing aid, or if you lose one, the license in the destroyed/lost aid CANNOT be recovered! Your iN is constantly one channel now! Phonak will not help you!

My audi told me they only way is to buy and transfer another license from a Roger X [edited].

Check your insurances!

Either I’m misunderstanding what your audi said or he’s incorrect. There are two ways to get a “license.”
1)From a Roger On iN that still has it’s “licenses” or 2) From Roger X receivers with appropriate serial numbers that still have their “licenses”
Yes, one should be aware of what loss and damage coverage your hearing aids and accessories come with.

The Roger On can be used with any aids that have licenses, and the aids can connect to any Roger devices that they are allowed to pair to. The iN version is a convenient way to deliver the licenses, but not an exclusive way. You can buy a receiver and have the license transferred into a new aid if you destroy an aid with your license in it and need to replace it. The pairing is separate from the licensing.

WH

Not true … the IN can be used with any aids that have receiver licenses in them, I have Three Select IN’s and three set of P90’s and they all work with any aid.
Also if your aid have receiver licenses in them you can use a Select (not IN ) with them

1 Like

I need to deinstall the receivers from my HAs back into my Roger On iN. However, the instructions are not working for me. I turn on the Roger and press a tool into the recessed hole behind the clip for several seconds, but the Roger doesn’t respond (it doesn’t show the hearing aid icons). Is there a trick to it? Has anyone had problems with this? I’m worried that the button is broken.

Do you feel the tactile ‘click’ when you insert the tool? In my case, I need to be careful to achieve that.

1 Like

@rex-hawaii
Did you check if the licenses are still on your HA’s and checked if they are now on your Roger on in visible. Also you can check in the Target software if the HA’s still carry the Roger licenses.

Is your Roger on in paired with the HA’s before you start the transmit procedure?

Pay attention that you have the HA close to your Roger device with transferring.

I hope you already succeeded as it must function if you follow the Phonak instructions. Also have a look at YouTube if you did not do already.

Wish you luck.

Thank you for your help! I was able to get the button to work after trying a larger-sized paper clip. Apparently, if the tool is too small, it doesn’t work. I was able to get the receivers out of my L90s, and then moved them into the M90s. Unfortunately, the Roger is not connecting to the M90s. Nothing happens when I turn it on. Target confirms that the receivers are in the M90s. Any suggestions?

You do have to pair the devices after the receivers are installed.

Ah, thank you Vince! That did the trick :slight_smile: