Rexton Legato vs Resound Forte - decision to make

Is there any effective difference between these two? I’m having CIC custom molds again, and the cost difference is not great, so I’ve got to decide which side to jump by this Thursday.

Both have similar and overlapping specs, and ideally I’d get both lots made up for me to test run, but of course that isn’t the way it works, so what if anything makes one stand out more than the other?

One annoying and seemingly unnecessary change from my current controller is that the bluetooth function has been separated out to another device, meaning two to do what my one does, and of course, two purchases. It would be very cynical of me to think that could have been a motivating factor…

The Forte CIC is non-wireless, so there’s no connectivity to audio streaming devices, remote microphones, or remote control. The Legato CIC supports wireless accessories and smartphone apps.

I preferred the Rexton Legato CIC, because then you can download the Connexx Smart Remote to change the volume of your hearing aids - this is the only way to do it because there is no space on the hearing aid itself for a volume control.

So you can turn it down if it’s too loud. Forte CIC can’t do this, it relies on itself to make its own auto volume changes

Reasons to go for the Forte:

1. if you had Resound in the past and had good results with Resound, you are likely to be successful with another Resound aid
  2. It’s more powerful than the Rexton Legato, ie if you had a severe-profound loss the Rexton Legato may not be strong enough, only the Resound Forte would suit
  3. For some reason Rexton moulds don’t fit very well, it usually takes a couple of visits for a fit I am happy with, Resound usually gets a better fit first time

But for me the VC trumps all else. Hope this helps

Sorry but not sure what a VC is.

My Rexton CIC custom moulds are a sensational fit, much to my surprise after a previous episode some years ago. I have both the Smart Remote app on my phone and the physical controller, and it is the controller that I use all the time, as I don’t have to navigate through my phone and open the app each time I want to do some simple change.
More importantly, I can mount the controller on my motorcycle’s handlebars for quick access to the mute/unmute buttons, which just would not be anywhere near as quickly done if I relied upon my phone app. I do a lot of dirt riding with friends (I’m 64) and being able to quickly mute/unmute without fumbling about is a high priority for me.

Sorry VC is volume control. Of course, you would choose which hearing aid works best for your situation. For me, I wanted the volume control on my phone, which the Forte CIC couldn’t do.