Rexton BiCore R-Li T just purchased by friend at Costco

I switch quite a bit between the phone clip for my laptop meetings and the aids. Many times the audio does not return to the aids. My Costco HIS called and asked Rexton about it and their only solution was to re-pair the aids to the phone.

I tried remote hearing sessions a few times with no success. When I tried to use a different location as a test, they refused to try because of known compatibility issues between my iPhone model and the aids.

Can’t compare to the Rebranded AX from Signia, the BiCore runs rings around KS8.

Well they are owned by the same company, so if you look at the spec’s plus the Connexx software is the same (bar the name) Rexton don’t make their own HAs, everything is supplied from Signia (WS Audiology)
They aren’t popular for whatever reason

I purchased the Rextons from Costco and got them about a week ago. Can’t beat the price (I would have considered the KS10s but those are no longer available).

Extremely pleased with the bluetooth streaming on my Apple iPad. I’ve seen reviews where people complain about the Bluetooth range, which I’m surprised about - I have walked away from my iPad 50 feet or so and haven’t had any interruption in the streaming audio.

My Android phone can be glitchy with certain apps like MS Teams with no sound coming through but not a dealbreaker for me. I still need to troubleshoot it - I haven’t referred to the manual yet to verify the setup.

Also the lack of hands-free operation via the hearing aids mics isn’t a dealbreaker for me as the iPad mic works perfectly fine (so it is essentially hands free there), and I’m ok having to hold up the phone to my ear to use the phone’s mic when it’s connected - I rarely make phone calls.

The battery lasts a really long time - I got the one with the telecoil that has a larger battery than the standard model (same price as the standard model). Costco provides both a regular charger for home and a travel charger in the bundle.

Right now I notice background noise like the a/c and other appliances. I’ll have the HA’s adjusted in another week when I have my check in with the hearing dept at Costco. The Costco professional was excellent - better at explaining things than the fully accredited audiologists I’ve had.

Overall I give these HAs 4 out of 5 stars.

1 Like

Nice review, I’m glad your getting the results you needed, yeah the hands free isn’t a deal breaker for me either, those soft sounds can easily be adjusted out, the fridge is one that used to bother me the most.

1 Like

Yes, the telecoil version is a good idea! It adds a good number of hours to each charge.

1 Like

I purchased the Rexton Bicore from Costco last week. I have been very happy overall with my KS9’s for the past four years. I was looking for long lasting rechargeable BIC’s and an update on Bluetooth tech. My Bi-core’s satisfy both of those desirables: battery life is excellent and Bluetooth connects easily and reliably to my Android Pixel and iPad. But… I’ve been having several issues. Hearing doesn’t seem to be any better with these Rextons than it is with my KS9’S. It’s more tinny and a little chirpy. Also, I do a lot of streaming, both voice and music and the sound quality is a huge step down from the KS9’S. It’s tinny , and can easily be heard by those around me even when I have the volume down! (deal breaker). As has been mentioned by others, phone call volume is way too low.

So… unless streaming and sound quality issues are resolved at my follow up visit at Costco, I won’t be keeping these. I’ll keep putting new batteries in my KS9’S, and hope Costco will resolve it’s issues soon with Phonak will come out with KS11’s.

Welcome to the forum, all these issues are very easily adjustable within the software, your Costco fitter will be able to this no problem, they may never sound “exactly” the same as those older Phonaks, as they are quite different in the way they go about this, but one thing that can help is using the same formula and domes/molds, unless it’s the proprietary fitting formula been used, obviously you won’t get those the same.

Since it can be heard by people around you I’m assuming they’re fitted with open domes? You need something more closed or earmolds for a decent streaming sound. The range of volume (how loud they can get) can be changed by the audi (as well as streaming sound which has a separately adjustable equaliser).

My fitter did send me home with cones that are more closed but they feel too tight in my ears.

Did Rexton buyers consider Costco’s other HAs? Why were Rextons bought instead of the others? When I got my Philips 9040s, these Rextons weren’t available yet. My wife will soon get HAs, so I’m curious to know which Costco HAs are better, particularly because a Costco fitter told us that she prefers the Philips. I thought she could have more experience with Philips 9040s, but plan to ask more about the differences when we can spend more time. These glowing reports about the Rextons reinforce my view that these companies keep leapfrogging each other with their tech, so is it better to get only the latest because it is the best?

It is not. Usually it’s best to get a brand with which you’re comfortable with. Or one that provider knows well and knows how to use their tech to a full extent.
Both Rextons and Jabras are going to get upgrades soon, yes they’re leapfrogging each other constantly, which is good for us. But that means that very knowledgeable and up to date fitter is quite important.
Rextons are the exact copy of Signias, just differently coloured and branded.
In my honest opinion, at the moment, they’re technically superior to other HAs that Costco offers.
But it doesn’t matter if the fitter doesn’t know what to do with that tech.

I wonder how often people switch brands when they get new HAs. I am very satisfied with my hearing improvement. I think my Philips are basically rebranded Oticons, which are very highly rated. But I think I would want to consider other brands when I need new HAs. This could be because Philips are my first HAs so I have not developed a brand loyalty.

Philips are not rebranded Oticons.

I don’t know enough to argue this, but there is a long thread about Philips and Oticons sharing technology. I think in the same sense Rextons are rebranded Signias. These brands are owned by larger companies that need to share their research to keep market share at all their brands. Costco customers benefit because they can buy these HAs for much less than brands sold by private audiologists

Jabras and Rextons are the exact clones of their counterparts from Resound and Signia, they have the same hardware and use the same software, just rebranded.
I don’t know enough about Philips, but on the spec sheet they look like Oficons and they use their accessories too.

Rexton Bi-Core IS a rebranded Signia Pure Charge&Go. The two are identical.

Philips HearLink is NOT a rebranded copy of any Oticon hearing aid. There is no doubt that the HearLink is made by the William Demant Holding Company, Oticon’s parent company. Obviously they can use any proprietary technology which they own on the Philips products which they manufacture and sell. My point is that the purchase of a Philips hearing aid is not simply the purchase of an Oticon hearing aid under a different name. It’s a distinctly different product.

1 Like

I hear these rebranded statements all the time, but never anyone stating how they know. I guess an audiologist who programs both Rexton and Signia would be able to tell if the software was the same. Otherwise, we are talking about proprietary information (business secrets).

In what essential way are Philips and Oticon different that makes any difference to a user, such as myself, who does not have a profound hearing loss and doesn’t need a doctor of audiology who charges much more for Oticon? My Philips deliver what I need. Why would I need to pay extra for Oticon? You say Philips are not Oticon. But the long thread about Oticon, which I have read, but can’t say I fully comprehend, is full of speculation and disagreement, with no substantive proof of an essential difference that supports your claim.

About 15 years ago at a car show I asked an Audi engineer about the difference between my GTI engine and the engine used by the Audi 3. He agreed they were the same engine made in the same factory, but said Audi is a luxury brand that makes more money than VW. I just wanted a fun car at a good price so I made the right buy for me. Are there similarities between Philips and Oticon?

1 Like

Agreed. But, for me, the measured (REM?) and subjective sense of hearing improvement is what really matters.

For me, the real issue is do they deliver the same results using essentially the same technology, even if they use slightly different ways (software?) to get the same results.