Reverting back to tcoil after Bluetooth

https://marvel-support.phonak.com/en/audeo-m/android/why-cant-person-hear-me-phonak-marvel-android-phone/

I need BT audio into both ears to hear on my phone. Disabling it so the other person can hear me isn’t a great option.

1 Like

“If you are in a very noisy environment, the own voice pickup through the hearing aids may be disturbed too much. In such a case, relocate to a calm environment or alternatively route the call to the phone and directly talk into the phone microphone normally.”

If im in a noisy space i caaaaaaant hear if i dont have Bluetooth lol.

I wonder how much of the problem is that the Phonak’s use the hearing aid microphone when on Bluetooth phone call. I have Resound with MFI (Made for Iphone) and have to use the PHONE for my voice, but streaming from phone to aids is WONDERFUL and I find MFI stays connected better than Phonak with Classic Bluetooth.

1 Like

@lsmith77025 its 100% of the problem. Because the aids are far from mouth when in noisy environments it picks up everything. My voice is dulled. I wish wish wish there was a way to choose to use phone mic. Nope. Its either hearing aid mic or loose the streaming.

I have an appointment on the 5 of November to change my aids for telecoil. I love my phonak too much to go with any other aids. Price, quality and options are astounding. So will stick with phonak and use tcoil as a program

1 Like

I totally agree on this. I’m not a fan of my Marvel but my friend has just got Oticon OPN and his connection is so much better and it’s so easy to understand him as well.

1 Like

@Zebras just shared this.

Even though phonak doesn’t have ability to send signal to both ears for telecoil phone calls, if you plug this into the phone, and tell the phone to split signal (on android there are apps for that, I tried ‘lesser audio switch’ and it works fine) and to send only audio there to tcoil and use phone mic, then you can then get call in both ears.

Edit:

Or something like this, ignore the ear piece, but neckloop has mic, no clue how good is it in noise.

1 Like

You may not want to hear this but not all phones are equal when it comes to audio devices like hearing aids. So don’t blame the HA. With your better phones like Pixel 3xl and Samsung galaxy s8+ conversations are much more understandable. My ha are phonak Naida V90.

Can you use the phone normally with your Naida V90?

Ooo thanks for sharing this. Hadn’t realised you could get a loop with a Mic attached!

No I don’t use a loop. But I do have to use speaker phone on the phone with my profound hearing loss.

I wouldn’t want to use speakerphone when out in public.

The telecoil in my iPhone works very well. I just put my iPhone up to my ear.

I usually don’t use my phone in public. But on a side note I have a Samsung galaxy frontier watch with bluetooth connected to my phone that works really well in public. I mean really clear understanding the other person.

Ooo, so can you use your watch to take / make / decline a call?

Yes I can use my watch to accept and make calls via bluetooth

But do you then have to get your phone out to talk?

Or are you able to link a Phonak ComPilot to the watch and not bother about getting your phone out?

I’m trying to understand if there’s such thing as a smart watch that allows me to do that.

I don’t have ComPilot so cannot tell if the watch will work with CP. And no I do not have to get my phone out to accept a call. The phone needs to be within the bluetooth area to accept calls

But you must have to get your phone out to talk or do you talk into the watch once you accept the call?

I talk into the watch

Oh wow that’s good. I’ll have to investigate that. That’s what I’ve been looking for.

Yes do some research because I’ve had this watch since Jan 2018 with not too many problems. I bought it originally for heart beat monitor and these watches especially samsung don’t know about apple but I’m sure it does probably the same thing are a lot more than just watches. I’m will be getting the Naida M90 this week not really excited because the M90 only come with the 13 battery and I really love the long battery life of the 675 with the Naida V90 We will see. I needed a backup with my hearing loss that is the reason for the upgrade.