ReSound Verso 961 volume control questions

Hello all. A few weeks ago I bought at pair of ReSound Verso 961 off of ebay and had them programmed to my specs. I am pretty pleased with them in most situations. However in noisy bar/restaurant type situations, I need to be able to turn the volume down.

Since these are the 961’s, they are supposed to have ‘automatic volume’, however it is not perfect. Since there is no separate volume control, is there any combination of button-pressing that I can use to manually raise or lower it?

If not, then I guess I need to get a ‘phone clip’.

1. am I required to get the phone clip + for the Verso?

2. if I get a phone clip, will it pair automatically with them, or do I also need to get an Airlink and program my my hearing aids to match them?

3. will the resound phoneclip for the unite work for the verso? I am seeing them for under $100 on ebay.

Thank you.

The button on the 961 cannot be used to adjust volume. However, you may be able to have another program added that has lower gain settings, and then switch to that program in noisy situations. It depends on whether you have any unused program slots. If you get the Phone Clip+, it can be paired with your hearing aids without the need for programming. The original Phone Clip does work with the Verso, but the volume control is only for the streamed signal; it won’t adjust the hearing aid microphones.

OK, so will the phone clip+ allow me to lower the volume on the aids themselves?

thanks for the info.

Yes. Incidentally, if you don’t need Bluetooth streaming, you could just get the Remote Control unit.

OK, so the remote control is different from the phone clip, right?

although controlling the volume with my hearing aids would be neat, I would rather have a cheaper alternative than the 200+ for the phone clip.

actually it looks like the remote costs just as much, if not more, than the phone clip +

I was able to test the Volume control, the Phone Clip + and the Microphone unit.
The Phone Clip and Microphone unit needs the HA in streaming mode.
Streaming is consuming a lot of the battery power. About 7-8 times of normal HA operation.
The Phone Clip is also using a bluetooth connection with the phone. That causes also battery drain on the phone.

My conclusion is that the Phone Clip or Microphone unit are consuming to much battery power of the HA.
If there is no volume control button on the HA you need a the remote control.
The remote control does not consume much battery power of the HA.

(Using Resound verso vo562, with volume/profile controlbutton on the HA)

I use to be amazed but now just amused.

— Updated —

I use to be amazed but now just amused.

I use to be amazed but now just amused.[\quote]

Here the reverse of that.
I am looking for a Resound Airlink adapter to adjust my Resound Verso vo562.

[quote=Beev;110154]

huh? what’s what your constant battery consumption concerns?

— Updated —

[quote=Beev;110154]

huh? what’s what your constant battery consumption concerns?