Resound Smartfit second or further fits

Hello, I recently downloaded Resound Smartfit (thank you tenkan) and have spent some time playing with it without actually connecting the Nexia hearing aids by using the simulation feature. The Noahlink wireless 2 has been ordered and will be shipped next week.Before I connect the hearing aids there are a few things I would appreciate to have clearified.

1. Most explanations I have seen on using the software describe a first fitting. However, the first fitting has already been performed by my audiologist, so I would like to use that as a basis for fine-tuning and adding further programs. Can I read off the first fitting (with patient information and audiogram) directly from the Nexias or should this information be imported from a file obtained from the audiologist?

2. How about backup. If I get a file from my audiologist (this may not be a popular request ;-))) that has already been solved, but if I read off the Nexias, should I export as soon as they are connected via the Noahlink?

3. It seems that later sessions overwrite previous sessions for the same patient, so what is a good practice for fine-tuning? Should I create a new patient (a new version of myself) each time I experiment and backup promising sessions as starting points for further experimentation?

Many questions! Iā€™m both a first time hearing aid user and first time potential hearing aid programmer.

Ok so to answer your questions.

1. You just make up a client and connect your HAs, on first connection you be asked new fit or not, SmartFit will load your settings already stored, so no need for anything from your Audiologist, everything is stored in the HAs.

2. Ok so before you start, you can make 2 clients up, one for ā€œbackupā€ and another for your DIY project, this way you can always fall back to those settings, and yes once you have made a connection with SmartFit you can also use export feature, this will load a file on your PC, I do that but also keep it on a separate flash drive for just that ā€œend of the worldā€ scenario ; )

3. You should have each session as you make adjustments, so each time you connect and save you should have each one saved by date, so by clicking on the ā€œsessionsā€ on the patient page
    should show them all, Iā€™ve never bothered with them, however in saying that when I experimented with different formulaā€™s I made a new client up for each, so had a few!

Thank you very much! This will be quite a learning curve with all those new 2 or 3 letter abbreviations in Smartfit :wink:

You will find that in SmartFit, you can often ā€œhoverā€ the cursor over a three letter acronym and an explanatory paragraph will temporarily pop up and remind you what it does and how to use it.

I will be doing this soon. I believe when I create a new client I do not want to put any data in there like the audiogram results. So that when the new aids are connected, there is really only one program and that is the one thatā€™s on the hearing aids. No way to pick the wrong one. Save that. And then use the second back up client to move on for DIY
Does that sound right?

Yeah thatā€™s all you need to do connect and then save, then go on to your DIY client and load the same, then in fine tuning make the adjustments that your happy with or just want to try and then save.

Thank you, I will try that,