Resound Phone Clip Problems

I have been wearing a pair of Alera 9’s since December and have had the phone clip fail in the same manner twice. It loses the ability to communicate with the hearing aids and will no longer pair with them! The bluetooth function appears to continue fine. The first time my Audi sent back the clip and which he thaought they might repair, but they sent a new clip. It just failed today and I have requested that they order a replacement. Has anyone else experienced this problem??

When I got mine we could not get them to pair with the hearing aids in the booth but when I got home they paired immediately (after I went through the process again). Are you trying it away from the audiologists wireless connection?

I would try the process away from the audiologist (open the cover, press the button with a pen for I can’t remember how many seconds, open and close each battery door, listen for the tone). If it doesn’t work at home then there must be something wrong with the clip or the aids.

If it pairs again but later it loses connection then maybe there is something affecting the clip or the aids, some interference or something.

We could also not pair them up using the Aventa software so that’s why I tried the other method.

You are sure it’s the clip to the aids with the problem and not clip to phone?

I know it’s a long shot, but could it be that the batteries are weak in the aids? When this happens they won’t connect to the Phone Clip (or if on the phone it will just drop the call from the Phone Clip to the aids). The Bluetooth portion will still work correctly, but the aids won’t connect. I know that the chance of both aids dropping the call at the exact same time (assuming that’s what’s happening) is not very high, but I have had it happen to me.

Batteries are fresh! I know when the batteries are low it will not pair, but when that happens it stops pairing with the TV streamer first and also it happens one side at a time. I have been trying it at home not in the office! As I said this happened before and the clip was replaced. That time I left the clip on trying to run its battery down completely however it shuts itself off when the battery gets too low. I and the Audi thought it might reset then! There appears to be no way to get the clip to completely reset.

When this happens, have you taken one of them to the audi’s office so he/she can check the programming software and see if the aid is still paired/associated with the Phone Clip in question?

When the first one fsiled we tried reprogramming in the audi’s office to no avail. So he decided to send it to Resound for repair they sent a new unit! I have no idea whether or not they repaired the one that didn’t work. I don’t know why they don’t offer some means to completely reset the clip.

Sorry, but I’m confused… When the audi started up the Aventa software and ‘read’ the aid(s) did the software indicate that the Phone Clip was still paried?

When he first fired up the software showed the clip was an option at that point the clip was not talking to the aids. using the software he removed the clip and then we tried to re-pair the clip but it wouldn’t that’s when hed decided to send for repair which was when they sent a new clip which i picked up and paired at home as my Audi wasn’t in the office that day. It worked fine until the other day when I made my first post. I called and asked them to order a replacement which i will pick up when it comes in. But i am now wondering if there is some generic problem with the clip that’s why I posted, but so far no one else apparently has experienced this problem!

I have a resound clip with problems too. It is paired with the alera hearing aids but will frequently only work with one ear only. Furthermore, it keeps switching which ear is working. I have replaced the clip now four times. I have replaced my iPhone thinking there was a problem with the phone, and Costco replaced the hearing aids. Still having problem. Any ideas?

The battery seemed to be my problem. I have Alera 7s. Yesterday, the left aid kept going out. I’d hear three dings, then it would reboot. I should have figured it out, but didn’t. I put in a new battery this morning. So far, so good.

The battery seemed to be my problem. I have Alera 7s. Yesterday, the left aid kept going out. I’d hear three dings, then it would reboot. I should have figured it out, but didn’t. I put in a new battery this morning. So far, so good.