ReSound ONE Bluetooth / MFi signal cuts out if I move away from phone

Sorry all,

It’s been a rollercoaster of a ride with ReSound. The aid was returned a few weeks back with no changes - it looks like the bluetooth/MFI signal for the ReSound One is working as intended despite my concerns.

Gone ahead with Phonak Paradise after I had a loan Phonak during the interim which sounded great in both hearing and Bluetooth quality.

If you are reliant on Bluetooth or value good quality Bluetooth audio, I would suggest looking elsewhere or trialling it out and testing as soon as possible to see if it is within your standard.

Perhaps you just had a bad experience and are overly generalizing it. ReSound, Apple, and Starkey brought BT connectivity to HA’s via smartphone while Phonak was nowhere to be seen for years and didn’t come up with their flavor of BT until 2018 (vs. 2014 for the MFi crowd). And in general, BT LE uses less battery and in my experience has better connectivity over distance than the classic BT devices that I use (I’ve used various wireless BT headsets with microphones over the years). And if you read the forum, at least with the Marvels (haven’t kept up with the Paradise and the KS10’s), the BT connectivity that Phonak needs (streaming received BT signal from master to slave HA) was a problem in open spaces for the Marvel because of lack of stuff for the signal between ears to be reflected off. I only have the Quatto’s but in general BT streaming is excellent and solid - if one reads various threads, Apple’s iOS updates seem to be a major (or the major?) source of BT connectivity problems with MFi hearing aids. I’ve received an excellent BT signal over about 80 fit in a restaurant from my Multi Mic when I left my table to go to a buffet and while selecting food items could still listen to wife and daughter talking at our table on the other side of a VERY large restaurant. With the TV Streamer 2, I can take a commercial break to run to the bathroom and hear the TV as if I were in the same room through several sheet rock walls 30 to 40 ft away (our family room alone is about 18 x 18 ft). So I’d say my experience with ReSound BT connectivity shows that you had a bad individual experience that doesn’t merit generalization. And there have been quite a few One and Jabra Enhance users on the forum who’ve made no mention of any connectivity problems like the one you had. So I think the best you can say is that your fitter and your local ReSound rep were clueless as to how to solve your problem.

1 Like