ReSound Omnia M&RIE

My audiologist recommended that Omnia premium hearing aids. She indicated that I needed the top level model so I assumed I was getting the full package.

To make a long story short she left the practice and after nearly 6 months they have not been able to hire a new audiologist. So I’ve been paying another audiologist for help tuning and other issues.
He questioned why I didn’t have the M&RIE option and I’ve not been able to get a clear answer from the practice or Amplifon who they apparently bought the hearing aids from.
These hearing aids are a game changer and I love them but I still have trouble in noisy environments.
I have still not been able to determine if this is something that can be added to my existing earring aids or will it require a new set.
This entire process has not been particularly transparent.
Anyone else been down this road?

1 Like

It’s just a receiver change IF your hearing loss fits it.

Obviously changing the programming is needed to accommodate receiver change.

Talks about it here.

3 Likes

It is just a receiver change but the Omnia fitting range for M&RIE is much limited compared with conventional MP or HP receivers. So you need to check that. You can push the fitting range a bit, but not too much, or you bring in other issues like inadequate feedback control.

@jim_lewis knows all about this. Maybe he would comment.

1 Like

The OP missed a previous thread on Omnias with M&RIE receivers: ReSound Omnias with M&RIE Receivers

Around this post in the thread referenced above there are some graphics created originally by ReSound to illustrate what types of hearing loss work with M&RIE receivers and either occlusive domes or custom molds. I violate their recommendations with ski-slope loss that’s a tad too steep by their recommendations by wearing very occlusive molds. ReSound Omnias with M&RIE Receivers - #31 by JT337

1 Like

“Noisy environments”…You may always have some trouble here. I don’t know of any HA that has yet eliminated this problem entirely. Good luck!