Resound Multi Mics or Roger - 2 simultaneously?

Hi all. Is it possible to run more than one resound multi mic’s at a time? I would like two people to be heard at the same time in my work environment if possible (via direct mic’s). Currently have ReSound LiNX 9, Quattro’s on order. If multi mic’s can’t do it, are there other solutions that could do this? (roger?) I currently only have multi mic’s, and do not have a Roger system yet.

It’s not possible to stream audio from more than one Multi Mic at a time. Roger can support up to 10 microphones in a network, but only one can be active at a time. So if someone is speaking, another person must wait for a pause before they can be heard.

The ReSound Multi-Mic has an omni-directional mode. If you lay it down “flat,” it switches from directional to omni-directional, as you probably know. If that would work for you, perhaps you could wrap it in a surgical mask before you take it into the OR. In my limited experience with mine (just got it a short while ago), it works much better in unidirectional mode hanging from someone’s neck or clipped to a shirt or blouse. The amplification of the voice that the mic is directed towards over background noise is pretty amazing. In omni-directional mode it picks up a lot more background noise.

The other thing that’s a bit annoying to me is how sensitive the mic is to movement against clothes, etc. Had my wife wear it while I was driving. If she moved just a bit, there was a noticeable amount of rustling sound of the mic brushing against her blouse - don’t think she had it clipped into place. I don’t find the sound reproduction as good through the Multi-Mic as directly to my Quattro’s - sounds quite a bit tinny but maybe that’s a fair price to pay for the excellent pickup of voice over background noise in unidirectional mode.

Realize you probably have experienced much or all of this yourself, mjstew33. Just recounting for benefit of anyone else reading this to find out what a Multi-Mic can do for you - also, my experience is with Quattro’s, which you have yet to try.

What other sounds are there in there? Is it steady sounds or beeping sounds or unpredictable impulse sounds? Some hearing aids are better at one type of noise reduction while other hearing aids are better at different sounds.

Maybe I’m gaga over noise-canceling headphones but I’ve found the best noise cancellation when I’m streaming to over-the-ear noise-cancelling headphones covering my HA’s. The noise filtering built into ReSound Quattro’s is pathetic by comparison (and I’ll bet it’s true for other premium HA’s). If mjstew33’s main input is going to be streaming from one or more Multi-Mic’s, he/she could improve speech recognition by blocking out other OR noises with noise-cancelling headphones. Presumably anyone else who wanted his attention could be heard through the headphone noise-cancellation and he could stop the cancellation to hear better or one of the people with the Multi-Mic’s could relay a message from someone else. Perhaps a surgical cap of the right large size would completely cover the headphones?

But I’ve basically found the noise cancellation offered by the Microsoft Surface Headphones to be far superior to anything built into the ReSound Quattro’s. The wife was running the dryer last night and the over-the-ear headphones were able to almost totally eliminate the droning sound of the dryer while I was listening to Kai Ryssdal’s Market Place podcast streamed from an Amazon Echo, heard both through my Quattro’s and my open domes directly. Basically, noise cancellation by the headphones largely blocks noise reaching the HA’s so the HA software doesn’t have to worry about speech vs. noise and the noise doesn’t get a chance to bypass the HA’s and go straight to my eardrums through the open domes. Sorry I didn’t catch whether mjstew33’s setup is with open domes like me.

Strictly ignorance here but I wonder if the Multi-Mic could actually stream to a noise-cancelling BT headphone. I get the best speech comprehension with lots of background noise at Gold’s Gym if I stream my podcast to the headphones themselves, then use the Outdoor program of the ReSound Quattro’s with the Speech Clarity quick set button. This is better for me than the All-Around or Restaurant programs. If you stream directly from the Multi-Mic to the HA’s, you don’t get to use these programs but have to tune the Multi-Mic program itself to emulate the parameters for the Speech Clarity settings for the Outdoor program. (apologies if mjstew33 has already declared somewhere what the best program settings he/she has already found for the OR are…)

Looking at OP’s hearing loss, I kind of doubt he has problems with background noise that he hears “around” the hearing aids. I think all he hears goes through the hearing aids.

that’s true. all I hear is what goes through the aids. I forget the actual terminology, but I have the power molds/receiver in the ear with my LiNX, not the open domes.

To remove tiny sound just increase volume by + button one or two time sound will be strong

I guess “tiny” is somewhat related to “tinny” as tinny is usually defined as “having a displeasingly thin, metallic sound” and a ‘thin’ sound could be lacking in volume but “tinny” sounds are often relatively lacking in bass with displeasing higher frequencies. Trying to look “tinny” up, one finds that no one can quite agree what makes for a “tinny” sound - amongst some attributes cited are low-volume, low-quality sound, mainly midranges, rolling off at higher and lower frequencies and having some degree of reverberation and or frequency cancellation by interference. I guess it’s like “you know it when you hear it!”

from your loss it seems that you have skie slop and open dome
so best strategy from adjust bass at your prefrence in your streaming program

if not work move to close dome/tulip then try this
last resort- custom mold.

Thanks for the suggestion. I haven’t experimented much with the Smart 3D settings for my Multi-Mic. Now that I’ve read a little bit about cardioid mics and “off-axis coloration,” I wonder if that could be a problem for the Multi-Mic when it’s in directional mode (hanging vertically), for example, if my wife didn’t let it hang or clip it reasonably vertical on her blouse, etc. I guess there is no substitute for some experimentation here and maybe my “tin-ny” problem will be solved thanks to your suggestion with a little equalizer adjustment!

https://ehomerecordingstudio.com/microphone-polar-patterns/