Resound Lynx hearing aids

Anyone have any experience with these. VA is suggesting I give them a try. I currently have phonack h20’s and word recognition isn’t my strongest feature with these. Are they compatible with iPhone 6.

Thanks in advance. I’m not sure if they version 2 or not.

As per Chiromans advice,
Make sure you are getting the Linx2 9, and not a lesser version of the Linx2. Also the larger size 13 battery is better than the 312. The 312 is under powered when it comes to streaming.

I currently have older Resound Aleras (312 battery) and have just completed a 3 month trial of the Linx2 verses the costco trax42 (Siemans pure binax 5 i believe) and two other aids.

Please im me or send an email to ian@brittstuff.co.uk if you would like me to send the full report.
Regards Ian
Somewhere in on of the threads (possibly the Siemens binax pure thread), one of the forum members tried the Siemens binax pure 7, and then the Trax 42, and did not find much difference, so he kept the Trax 42, and saved a bunch of $$$ (or pounds for you UK guys). But if you are looking to program the aids yourself, you won’t be able to with the Trax as Costco has proprietary software. The same also applies to the Costco KS6 (Resound Linx).

[quote=silentblades;130291]Anyone have any experience with these. VA is suggesting I give them a try. I currently have phonack h20’s and word recognition isn’t my strongest feature with these. Are they compatible with iPhone 6.

The OP said Lynx, not Lynx2 I basically have the Linx 9 that Costco calls the KS6 (Kirkland Signature 6).
The Linx only comes with a 312 battery, not a 13. I find battery life not bad as long as I do not use my streamer much. It really seems to drain the batteries.
The aids work great with my iPhone 6, much etter than it did with an iPhone 5.

Not sure which ones I’m getting. Could be the lynx 2 or the lynx. VA is paying for them so battery life isn’t really a deal breaker. I just want good ones that help me.

— Updated —

Not sure which ones I’m getting. Could be the lynx 2 or the lynx. VA is paying for them so battery life isn’t really a deal breaker. I just want good ones that help me.

well i used the linex2 7 waiting for my linex2 9 to arrive and hell yes their is big different between them , im severe profound on right side and mild on the left and honestly i tried so many brands before that (phonack) is one of them but i think Linex will give you more realistic sound than the others , i use the tv streamers and i receive lot of phone calls and of-course you-tube streaming usually i change the battery every 5 or 6 days ( it dosnt die completely it will give you warring and run normally but you cant stream before it dies completely , i been told there is another version where you able to use the bigger battery rather than 312 but im i want it some thing more discreet i use RIC , i rate this hearing aid 8/ out of 10 the only issue i have is the battery but im keeping battery almost every where i go (work, uni , car , home) so i don’t feel stress out because of battery and i think it has great price compared to what those HAs offer you

if you need any more questions just ask me ( sorry for my terrible English )

So are you saying big difference between Lynx and h20 or Lynx and Lynx 2.

— Updated —

So are you saying big difference between Lynx and h20 or Lynx and Lynx 2.

Hi do you have the original Linx or the KS6, (as you say is the costco KS6 and the original linx are virtually the same. however the Linx 2 is not the KS6.

If they are trying to sell you the actual resound Linx product at full price, then it should be the Linx2 and not the original Linx. Otherwise they are selling you old stock with old software that does not have the connectivity of the linx2 product. Also the linx2 is $200-400 cheaper than the original Linx.

i have tested all of these variants and the Linx2 is the better Resound product. The original linx has major connectivity issues even after iphone IOS9 and software upgrades. Also the Linx2 comes in both 13 and size 312 battery options.

Costco sell the Rexton Trax42 (actually a tweaked Siemens pure binax5) almost the same as their Binax7. Its as good if not better than the Linx and lot cheaper. Slightly less connectivity. You pays your money and takes your choice.

If you are not looking to self programme (for this you will need software, hardware and training) then the Linx product has the equipment available. All be it will cost you around $300-400. If not then the KS6 and the Rexton are good substitutes (especially the Trax42). However they are only programmable at costco.

I have tested all of these and these and have a report if you wish to read it. it was actually sent to Resound this morning to David Nygren their UK director.

Contact me at ian@brittstuff.co.uk

Regards ian

It might depend on your iPhone model.
I had issues with my KS6 & iPhone 5 (iOS9), but I have had no issues with my iPhone 6. I think Apple may have made hardware improvements in the newer models that reduce connectivity issues.

Yes, when I upgraded from the iPhone 5 to 6+ even with the old ios it was a huge improvement for my Linx7’s. With ios9 things are even better with every update l, and I can stream 20-30 feet away from the iPhone.

Also, many are falsely claiming the ks6 is the Linx9. It may function the same, but the hearing aid itself is significantly bigger than my Linx7. I wear glasses and the size difference was annoying to say the least. The Linx1/Linx2 are the same size. Something else to keep in mind is with the Lind/ks6 platform you can skip buying a streamer altogether. If I am watching TV after everyone has gone to bed I just turn on live streaming and put my IPhone by the TVs speaker.

They look like these gray ones. Well something like the linked pic. http://www.cnet.com/products/resound-linx/

ill find and out more this week if I can reach anyone.

Hi Not such a big issue if the VA are paying the bill.
Looks like if you have an Iphone6 then the connectivity problems are solved. i have an Iphone5 IOS9 and the issues are still there. All be it much reduced with IOS9.

From the pic it looks like a Linx first generation (a bit obvious) but in the 312 small battery form , it is not possible to tell just by looking.

if you look at the pics in this link and look at the first size of the behind the ear models you will see what i mean. there are actually now 4 models of the BTE Linx2’s. As well as several in the ear models.

regards Ian

Got them in and so far I really like them. My question as far as hearing is concerned is there a difference between version 1 and version 2? I don’t much worry about the connectivity issue as I can get them replaced if need be.

— Updated —

Got them in and so far I really like them. My question as far as hearing is concerned is there a difference between version 1 and version 2? I don’t much worry about the connectivity issue as I can get them replaced if need be.

Hi everyone!
I am having an issue and don’t know exactly what to do about it. I am in hopes someone on thisd forum has had a similar issue and has a good suggestion. I have the Resound Linx, not linx2, and they have the reciever in the ear (RIE). My problem is that the receiver seems a bit too large for my ear canals and pushes out while I’m talking or eating and then the end of the receiver where the sound emits from, then ends up against the corner edge of my canal or against the inside of my ear. This causes the sound to be muffled into my canal and by the time I realize it has happened again and push the receiver back into my canal, the person talking to me has said several sentences and then I have no idea what they said. I can’t hear well enough to tell what was said with the reciver against the inside or corner of the canal. This is becomming very annoying and happens when I talk or chew or swallow. Basically many, many times a day. People at work are getting frustrated with me asking them to repeat what they said and I also sometimes think I heard correctly, but didn’t and it is beginning to affect my job performance and my manager’s perception of me. I asked my audi two or three times in the last year if they made smaller receivers so that they would stay in my ear better but, I just get push back from her saying; yes they have a smaller receiver but you will not like them and that that little curle of flimsy plastic is made to keep them in. Frankly it doesn’t. I have tried the little curly piece of plastic that is supposed to help keep them in my ears but they still just push out and end up against the corner of the canal and muffle the sound. I’ve tried them without the curly piece and push the reciever deeper into the ear canal but they still push out many, many, many times a day. Maybe I have small ear canals. I just started a new job and this seems to be more and more of a big problem to me. Have any of you had any experience with the smaller receivers on the Resound Linx with any luck or does any one have any suggestions as to how to keep these silly things in my canals long enough to carry on a decent conversation? I’ve had these now for almost 3 years and the warranty is about to run out. I really getting desparate to find a solution so if anyone has any ideas short of super glueing them in my canals, I would appreciate any help on this. I’ve tried ear molds but I can’t deal witht those things at all. Has anyone had the smaller receivers with the Resound Linx and if so, is the sound sufficient enought to hear well with them. Can you tell I’m frustrated? Thanks for listening!

There is indeed a LiNX2 961with the size 13 battery, a much longer lasting battery for streaming then the original LiNX 961. There’s no differences in the quality of sound between the two models, so won’t make a difference which ones you get from the VA.
To Cicada you most definitely need custom made molds not smaller receiver’s, the smaller standard receiver’s aren’t suitable for your level of loss on your left side anyway,custom molds will eliminate your problem overnight and produce a much better quality sound for you. Cheers

Thanks for the advice tenkan. I emailed my audiologist and she suggested the tulip domes so, I have an appointment with her tomorrow Tuesday evening and will see how that works. If no improvement, I guess I will go the custom mold route. Can they make custom molds that are open to some degree. It seems I read somewhere that was possible now. I tried the molds a few years back and could not deal with all the bone noise when eating, swallowing etc, and the sound was more like a metal drum than your tenkan moniker. Can you tell me what my options are to have the best of both molds and opening for more natural sound?