Resound Linx3D-9 (AKA Costco Forte 8 and Beltone Trust 17) versus Phonak B50

The Phonak app I have (Android) does allow some directionality adjustments when choosing a Speech in 360 program. It lets you set for a person in front of you, behind you, to your left or right.

1 Like

[/quote]
The Phonak app I have (Android) does allow some directionality adjustments when choosing a Speech in 360 program. It lets you set for a person in front of you, behind you, to your left or right.
[/quote]

Yes, the Phonak App does let you pick a direction but that’s kinda it. What makes the Linx3D App a game changer is that from any program, you have a number of useful adjustment options that you can use to tweak the program. First, in the fully automatic mode there are two buttons that say “Speech Clarity” and “Noise Filter”. Pressing these immediately provides two quick options to help with noisy environments. There is a third button called “Sound Enhancer” which brings up another screen that allows you to raise or lower the Bass/Mid/Treble settings for this program. It is a bit crude but extremely useful for playing around to see if you can improve clarity. When you are in the other programs (i.e. Restaurant, Outdoor, etc), additional options appear depending on the program. As an example, for Restaurant you can increase/decrease the noise reduction and charge the focus of the microphone from very narrow to wide open. In the Outdoor program, you also have the ability to increase/decrease the Wind Noise setting. Once you make any changes to any program, you then have the option of saving these changes to a brand new program that is available for future use.

Typical situation is that I am in a noisy place and I flip on the Restaurant program. I then play a bit with all these settings and then save the program to the App. Next time I go to the Audiologist, I show him the program and explain what I did to improve clarity. He then goes into the software and makes changes based on this input.

Make sense?

Jordan

1 Like

Thank you very much @JordanK for your full explanation and also thank you @fortnotes.

Your thougths are very important to me. I think I am going to trail the Linx 3D-9. I can not afford the Phonak B90 which is very very expensive here where I live as I wrote in my first post. I can only buy the B50 or the Linx 3D-9. Both of them has similar price.

So thank you again all of you guys from this forum. If any of you guys of this forum wants to write here some more information I really will be very very happy.

I am a new HA user and trying the Linx3D aids. I am still trying out all of the various programs, but I wonder if you have used them to stream music? I tried using a nano-i-pod with my multi-mic (ReSound) and was able to stream until I tried to change the volume on my i-pod. Then I lost all connectivity. I am not sure if I could have just the multi-function button on the back of my HA to change listening programs? It put me back in the all-around automatically, so no more streaming.

1 Like

I have the Beltone Trust 17 and did look at the Linx3D-9 They are both made by Resound and electronically are identical. There may be differences in the software used but I note from the ads that they both mention the identical features. I had Linx1’s before and bought the remote mike and TV adapter. They both work with my Beltone Trust’s.
They both work with my Apple Watch as well.

Someone mentioned “Automatically switching settings” Both allow you to choose “Favorite locations” such as a individual restaurant, store or whatever. You just set up your aids and then memorize their locations in your App. It works with your GPS in your phone and changes your settings as you change your location.

1 Like

Thank you @Dunc for the information. I really apreciate it. You are right Linx 3d-9 and beltone Trust are the same. @MDB said they are not the same because I made a mistake in the original post which I have already edit it.

1 Like

Great information, Jordan. I recently had to give up my theatre/plays subscriptions as I can no longer understand the actors, especially when they are talking to each other. Telecoil works poorly and the infrared, rabbit ears, are tiny and hurtful. Here’s my question: What, if any, hearing aid, would allow me clearly hear the actors and understand their speech.

1 Like

Usually a reputable Aid dispenser or audiologist will let you try aids your considering buying for a couple of days. Because everyone’s hearing is different I would make an effort to take your new aids to a play and see how much change there is for you. The Linx 3D-9 and Beltone Trust-17 both have the ability to use your iPhone and narrow and focus on the area you want to listen to. (I’m not sure if the Costco is a clone of the Resound Linx or not.)
I have the Trust 17 and it does a fair job for me.

2 Likes