Resound Linx2 vs Linx 3D (Costco Cala 8 vs Forte 8) RIE?

I recently got a pair of Resound Cala 8 61 RIE’s that I like fine. They’re reasonably comfortable and work reasonably well. I was recently at a large family event and found that no matter what program I used or how I fiddled with settings I was simply unable to hear in a number of settings (crowded church, crowded reception hall, beach).

I’m going to make an appointment at Costco to see about adjustments. However, I notice that they now have the Forte 8, which is pretty much the Linx 3D. I’m well within my return period. Honestly, I’m the sort of person who would probably switch just because the newer ones are newer.

In reading, it’s been hard to tell what the real-world differences are between these models. I know that for the Linx 3D there’s the possibility of remote adjustment. While that would be wonderful given that the only Costco in my state is over an hour away, I doubt Costco is going to get into doing remote adjustments. Are there any other substantive differences between the two lines?

Try them on a walk-around in the store. The 3D (remote programming) is disabled in the Costco aid which is the major revision in the 3D. However, there will at least be some new programming tweaks that may benefit.

I think it’s got a new app that allows you to create different settings for different situations. I’d be inclined to get them too if I was still within the first 180 days. I doubt your going to notice much difference in a walkaround.

I’ve got the Resound Linx3D and my understanding is that the Costco Forte 8 is basically the same hearing aid with a bunch of features removed. I believe the key missing items are remote adjustment, tinnitus therapy and maybe a few more things.

Jordan

[quote=“JordanK, post:4, topic:32343, full:true”]
I’ve got the Resound Linx3D and my understanding is that the Costco Forte 8 is basically the same hearing aid with a bunch of features removed. I believe the key missing items are remote adjustment, tinnitus therapy and maybe a few more things. [/quote]

Right, but how do they compare to the Cala 8?

ask the audiologist to run the in situ set up once without any sound processing at all, including “environment adapter” (I think it’s called). Then add the sound processors back in only as needed. What you are experiencing is too much compression and noise reduction, which flattens out the sound and turns what you hear into mush.

Are you talking about adding back processing over multiple visits over time? My nearest Costco is over an hour away!