Resound Hearing Aids & iPhone 12 Pro - Connection issues/static, only one working w/static etc

I’m having the same issue:

• KS 8.0 (Rexton?)
  • iPhone 12
  • iOS 14.1

Hearing intermittent static in one or both ears, and today I’m also hearing in both ears what I can only describe as a group of people politely applauding at a slight distance (very particular, but that’s what it sounds like!). I can’t replicate it, it just seems to happen at random intervals.

Based on other comments here it appears to be an iPhone/iOS issue, not the hearing aids themselves.

Same issues here. It seems to very hit and miss.

I can connect with the TV streamers fine 8 out of 10 times, the other 2 times is incrediable static from one hearing aid, never both.

Using the phone, 50% of the time it works fine. The other 50% one hearing aid will cycle thru connected, disconnect, reconnect, disconnect, reconnect disconnnect. and on and on. Restarting hearing aid doesnt seem to make any differnce on phone calls.

Iphone 12 Pro, Resound ReSound LiNX 3D (i believe) went to audiolist and software is up to date.

I have a new iPhone 12 and am having all sorts of connections as well with my Resound Linx Quattro. The majority of trouble I am having is the cutting out of my left device. I just spent over an hour with apple advanced tech support and gave them an abundance of information plus let them extract data from my phone in an effort that the engineers can ferret out the issue. I am an electrical engineer by trade and know that in product development it is impossible to test “for everything” in both hardware and software.
Hope it’s a software issue and not hardware.
Hang in there.

1 Like

I have the Resound Linx 3D as well and am also having connection issues with the iPhone 12 Pro. Glad to know I’m not the only one! So are we hoping for a firmware update on our hearing aids or is it something that Apple will handle? Just wondering if I need to go in to my hearing aid center and get an update or what???

1 Like

You might need an update?

Resound Quattro Hearing Aids needed an upgrade and upgraded fine to work with the new iPhone.

I have the new Resound One 9’s and new iPhone 12 Pro. Static is intermittent, but horrible when it happens. I have had to forget device/repair several times. Sometimes it works flawlessly between iPhone, MultiMic and TV Streamers and other times it disconnects and I get static. On the Apple site, there are a number of these issues with not only Resound, but other manufacturers as well.

Could you be more specific? Do you mean you installed a firmware update to your Quattros and they now work perfectly with the iPhone 12?

The 0.44 update is from back in April of this year - the HA will only be offered the update when it is activated with ReSound Assist and the customer is checked off as having assented to part A of the agreement - so that might be the reason why your DEMO HA’s didn’t get the older update 'til now. I don’t think the 0.44 firmware address the iPhone 12/iOS 14 issues.

1 Like

Fair enough, given the first lockdown here, this set hasn’t been used much. I’m guessing that’s why it wasn’t upgraded earlier.

Same issue here with my Resound. Worked well for years with previous iPhones. Last one XS worked well. Major crackling and droping one aid or the other with iPhone 12Pro.

1 Like

Typo on previous post. Dropping one or the other of the hearing aids. Major static. Rebooted both hearing aids and iPhone 12 without fix. Attempted to call Apple Accessibility line but was on hold for over 30 minutes. Hopefully an IOS update will resolve this issue.

2 Likes

I have the same issue. Went from iPhone X to iPhone 12. Using Bernafon Zerena 9 hearing aids.
I don’t always get static, but when I do, it’s very loud, and usually only one ear.
It usually fixes itself if I turn off and on the Bluetooth on the phone. Seems like a software issue, but not sure who’s side it’s on.

1 Like

I’m having an issue with ReSound One frequently becoming unpaired from my iPhone X. Sometimes it’s just a single aid becoming unpaired. I’m not sure how to avoid that.

Same issue, iPhone 12 pro with Widex Evoke hearing aids. Trying to contact apple to see if they can offer a remedy

I am having the same issue. I am waiting for a fix as well. I am wearing Resound hearing aids purchased via Costco. Resound told me to contact Apple, but after waiting for 20 minutes on the phone I gave up.

It seems iOS 14.2 is out today. Interesting to see if it solves the issue for anyone. My partner has not updated yet. When she does I’ll let you all know if it made a difference.

I posted on a few other threads, iOS 14.2 worked for me but I have Phonak Paradise. I was on hold with Apple for 2 hours today and finally got a tech to speak with me and open a case. They expect 14.2 will fix 95% of all Bluetooth issues for both MFi and standard Bluetooth hearing aids.

There’s a little static here and there but nothing significant. I’m curious what others find.

1 Like

I have the Signia Charge N Go 3x. I still am having this same static issue with iOS 14.2. COME ON TIM APPLE FIX THIS!!!

1 Like

I have bilateral Cochlear Nucleus 7 cochlear implants which are MFi hearing devices. Had an iPhone X for 3 years and worked perfectly, still works on my iPad Pro. Now on my new 12 Pro it will only stream well to one ear at a time, if to both ears then one ear is very choppy and distorted audio. Happened at launch for me on 14.1, updated to 14.2 and reset network settings and still doesn’t work! Will call Apple support at some point and update here.

1 Like

I am having the same issue with Oticon also. Mine is always the R. Unfortunately I have had the Play System button off since getting the phone last week and still happens at least 75% of the time when I answer an incoming call. When is the update coming out from Apple bc I can not handle that sound. So over stimulating…thanks