Resound Bluetooth Connection

Hi All,

I saw the below issue being asked about on Reddit earlier, and whilst writing my reply, thought that this would be a better place to to look again at this issue.

I’m using Quattro 9’s paired with my Android phone, they’re great any other time but when outside and moving…if I put my phone in my pocket they stutter like crazy, on both sides, and the only solution is holding the phone to chest height, and being held continuously - because of this I don’t bother using them and have reverted back to earphones for the journey to work, which is just annoying.

Never have been able to solve it and have just put it down to either them having a week bluetooth antenna, which doesn’t really add up as the connection inside had decent range, or some issue with the way android handles audio.

I do find they cut out inside too on occasion, strangely them seem to be affected by my fridge which sounds mad…in that when the fridge internals audibly ‘kick in’ (the motor/fans starting to whir like they do to keep the correct temperature) it seems to interfere with my Bluetooth enough to kill the connection to 1 and sometimes both aids. What usually happens is they stutter badly, and then just stop streaming and revert back to the auto program.

I know the fridge scenario sounds odd, but it also affects my speakers in the kitchen too, causing them to cut out and need attention to get them going again.
They’re wired speakers physically connected to an Alexa device, and have touch sensitive volume ‘buttons’ on the speakers, and when the fridge kicks in like explained above, the speakers go silent, and only make sound again if you physically touch one of the volume buttons.

Weird but this interference definitely causes some kind of issue.

Either way can anyone else shed any light on the outdoor stutter issue?

Thanks!

The Aids rely on surfaces in your vicinity to reflect the signal from the phone back to your ears as it’s not strong enough to pass through you or able to curve around you at that frequency.

It’s also possible that you Fridge has a failing commutator that’s creating RF interference through excess sparking. Try a sheet of tinfoil over the motor opening at the rear.

I wear a jacket with a front breast pocket and it works flawlessly outdoors. I also use a lanyard attached to my phone case when the weather is warm.

Regarding the fridge. If I leave my phone at one end of the kitchen and walk over to the fridge the streaming will be interupted when I open the fridge door.

This is normal.

Inside the Bluetooth can bounce off walls.
Outside it can’t so signal needs to be line of sight as it can’t travel through water aka our bodies.

I have ReSound Omnia 962s. A Smart 3D app update last week greatly improved my outdoor BT connectivity. Have you checked for an app update?

@Sulaco: Is your line-of-sight to your phone interrupted when you open the fridge door, by any chance? (Try moving the phone to a different location.)

Yeah that (along with minor electrical interference) is probably the cause but it’s only momentarily interrupted so not a huge deal. Just thought I’d mention it as the OP was having issues with their fridge.

1 Like