Resound Alera vs. Future

Delmar.
Unless it’s a new sales tax in California, the only thing that is taxed on hearing aids in the state is any remotes or batteries that Costco sells. If they are charging tax on the hearing aids themselves then they are not interpreting the sales tax law correctly.

I just look at the price list for the future, United States retails it for 1299 and California has it for 1399. So there is $100 tax for California on the future:-(

Delmar,
That’s not a $100 tax, Costco has pricing structures that very from region to region. I’ve found that to be true on all kinds of things at Cosco’s.
Scott

Scott,

That very well could be true. I just read the pricelist that says “California”, and their price when I inquired to corporate about why people travel from Northern California to us to buy because of that they told me it was a tax. I don’t know why it would be different ONLY in California?

Delmar,
We live in the Bay Area and have 7 Cosco’s within a 10 mile radius and the prices can be different from store to store and the difference can be significant.
Scott

Not sure if I’m posting this right, but am looking for an answer from a knowledgeable source such as Delmar.
I am in the 90 day period of using the bernafon Verite 9’s and am having extreme problems with feedback.
Have had four adjustment appointments and have told my audi that I want to try the resound future and he
is totally convinced that the Verite’s are the ones that I need. Can you give me your professional opinion in
comparing the Verite to the Future.
The audi knows that I am willing to pay for both as long as I make my mind up in 90 days.

Their is a few reasons while you get feedback, one of the main ones is incorrect fitting of the domes or molds, have you changed these during the last 4 appointments

Thanks Delmar, your assistance has been greatly appreciated.

jryg,
Any time :slight_smile:

Future is nano-coated in a vacuum with a process licensed by iSolate nanotech for moisture protection. You can literally dip the whole aid (normal power receiver only; not High Power Gain receiver) in water and bring it out, wipe it, put a new battery in and it would still work. Rexton’s Cobalt + uses a similar process by the same company but without the vacuum and only with circuits and shells separately. Consequently we are experiencing more moisture corrosion with Rexton Cobalt +, partly also due to the ionization created by the recharger operation. Rexton is now recommending periodic wipes of the empty battery compartment before recharging. Hope that helps, Alpine. --Costco audi

Thanks for the explanation,it sounds very promising and surely much more advanced the my Smart V’s. How does this apply to a hearing aid that has to handle sweat, or the battery getting moisture in it?

Thanks Norm

I’m not all that excited about the nano coating. It is on my live 9’s, and all it does is let the water run off into the battery compartment, killing the batteries until they dry out again. Dumbest idea ever in my book.

Thanks jay_man thats exactly the kind of input I need to read/hear.
I love to hike and have had my hearing aids go dead while hiking so many times, changing batteris is not what I want to do.

Alpine,
Get a pair of Hearing Aid sweat bands from my audi for $18. I had problems with sweat killing the HA until they dried out but since getting the sweat bands I’ve had no problems at all! They say they are good against perspiration, rain and snow, I’ve used them for the first 2 but not the 3rd and they work great!
Scott

I have looked at those before but not practical for my application(s).
CIC is looking like a better route for the physically active IMHO.

I have Ear Gear covers for my Live 9s and they work great.

Hi, new to the forum here, but definitely not new to HAs. I was fitted with one HA for my left ear about 4 years ago. The HA is a Resound Azure. I don’t know if it has the nano technology, but I have forgotten to take them off and got in the shower with it on. the batteries did die each time until they dried or were replaced. The HA lasted until about 6 months ago. I tried the Costco Signature HAs but decided that there was not enough difference between them and the old Azure to warrant the $2000 they cost and returned them. In all fairness, I don’t think the audio did what he was supposed to do to make sure they worked as well as they could have…

Anyway, shortly after I returned the Costco HAs, my Azure quit working completely. I went back to the original fitter (I bought them from Hearing Planet, they sent me to a local audio). The lady said that since it was out of warranty, they would repair it for $250. I went ahead and got it done and it works again. However, my wife is bound and determined to get me HAs that will allow me to hear her clearly and not ask her to repeat herself, so she took me to yet another audio to get evaluated.

Long story short, I am going to try some new HAs, but I told my wife that I’m not paying $5000~$6000 for HAs that I can get at Costco for 1/2 the price. The audio at Costco will fit me with HAs again and this time they will more likely try the Futures. The independent audio that my wife took me to will also fit me with HAs to try even though I explained that I appreciated the initial visit and all (it was a promo) but that I would probably buy the HAs at Costco because of the price…They are willing to go ahead and do everything even though they understand that I will probably buy them elsewhere… I am glad I found this forum as it’s about the only place where one can get info in these products to be able to judge them and compare them.

Wish me luck on my new HAs (although I doubt that I will ever hear well enough to please my wife LOL)

I hope that you have fantastic luck going back to Costco for your hearing aids.(Even know I’m slightly biased). Resound does have a Great nano coating even though “it’s the worst idea ever” it’s a lot better to short out a $.31 battery as opposed to a $1300 hearing aid LOL. and going back to warp processing as opposed to the wide dynamic range control you tried at Costco previously should feel a lot more natural.
Good luck

Delmar

Do the COSTCO FUTIRE’s have TCoils? I think the Aleras do, am I correct?

Neither one have a T coil. They both can be programmed with an acoustic phone program, either to automatically switch with a magnet, or accessible by manual program.