Remote Care - Oticon More

Hi Everyone,
I bought a pair of Oticon More 1 from Holland. Everything was set up according to my audiogram. After 1 week of wearing it, not fine-tuned yet. With a long high pitch sound disturbing. Then try using RemoteCare, but the Holland side was not able to connect with my HA in Malaysia using RemoteCare. My iPhone Remote Care was waiting for the connection.
Not sure anyone can help on this matter. Thank you

I have no experience with or inside knowledge of remote care from Oticon. However, you are a long distance from Holland and some applications do not work well or sometimes at all if there is large latency (delay) or high loss rate on a long distance connection. We have that issue with a connection to a remote field site over a satellite data link (geosynchronous orbit). Some applications that are correctly configured work without error (but very slowly) and other do not work at all on our, at times, high latency (up to 2 seconds) connection.

1 Like

I have had my More1 aids adjusted with remote care it takes a good signal with a reasonable data speed. I wasn’t impressed with remote care as I had to end up going I
into the clinic to get my aids readjusted because the remote care connectivity wasn’t great even with myself and my audiologist being less than 20 minutes from each other.

1 Like

Thanks for your kind reply. Maybe Oticon Genie software has some peculiar setting that goes by countries or territory. Below is the setting done on the RemoteCare to solve the problem:-
RemoteCare setting

It is set to the country/cpmpany that sells you the hearing aids! (cross borders)

1 Like

Why not DIY and make the necessary changes yourself, all you need is Genie2 and a Noahlink wireless programming device from eBay.

1 Like

I will try it one of these days. Just got my hearing aids last month. Learning from all the masters in Hearing Tracker. Thanks

Todate, I am not able to get any assistance from Oticon.com/support on the Remote Care connection. My HCP has not received any assistance from Oticon UK. I suspect that there must be some settings that need to be done inside Genie software in order to connect across the globe. I had no problem connecting via RemoteCare in the local Audi office.
Maybe the best choice is to pay a fee and go to the local Audi clinic (per @cvkemp advice) for fine-tuning until Oticon solves the connection problem later.

1 Like