- Right hand hearing aid cuts out without warning intermittently and recovers.
- Problem applies to both Enzo Quattro and backup Enzo 3D hearing aids
- Is not affected by the phone…it happens paired to two different phones and not paired to any phone.
- Is not affected by geographic location (eg outside interference) …first event was 200 miles from home.
- In the “dead” state it is still powered…detected by phone.
I have been using Resound Enzo 9 hearing aids since 2015, and have owned the original version, then the 3D and currently the latest Quattros. So I am an experienced user.
All has been (mostly) OK until April 3rd, the RH aid went dead with no warning. Replaced battery, un-paired and re-paired without result.
I paired my Enzo 3D instead and all was OK…until next morning the RH Enzo 3D did exactly the same thing.
I tried pairing the Enzo Quattros and now they worked! The RH aid had recovered.
All was then well until April 29th when same sequence happened.
At this point I realised I had had a new iPhone (13 Pro Max) on March 18th, not long before the first event. So I was suspicious of the iPhone.
So I unpaired from the iPhone 13 Pro Max and paired with an iPhone 12 mini instead.
All was well for an hour, then the same thing occurred again.
Then I paired iPhone 12 mini with the Enzo 3D and they worked but after an hour the RH HA cut out again.
Next I unpaired from iPhone 12 and started using the Quattros not paired to any phone at all. After about an hour the RH cut out. Then tried the Enzo 3D unpaired and the same thing happened.
Important note the HA is is still powered when it cuts out, as it can still be un-paired and re-paired and is detected by the Smart app.
So I am baffled!! Possibilities:
- both Enzo 3d and Enzo Quattro RH aid have had independent failures.
- the iPhone 13 Pro Max is causing EM interference which causes nearby aids to stop working even though not paired.
Very grateful for any thoughts!!
PS My ReSound Danalogic HAs supplied by NHS are not affected. These are not MFi HAs.