Question for those who use hearing aids

Hello,

I am doing a survey for a class where I must interview 5 people who wear hearing aids. If you have a spare moment,I would really appreciate it if you could just answer the short questions below. Thank you all in advance!

1. Are you satisfied with your hearing aids?
    2.If not, why?
  2. Do you wearing hearing aids everyday?
    4.If not why?
    5.How many places did you shop before choosing a hearing aid?
    6.What was the most important reason you chose your hearing aid you have:
    a.Price
    b.Brand
    c.reputation of the place I purchased it
    d.size of hearing aid
    7.Do you believe you will eventually get a diffrent hearing aid?
  1. Yes.
  2. Not applicable.
  3. Yes.
  4. Not applicable.
  5. Not sure how to answer. I researched open fit aids online, was eligible for my insurance to pay most of the cost, and returned to the audie who fitted my first aids.
  6. None of the above. I probably wouldn’t have gotten new aids if my loss didn’t fit into the open-fit profile. As it was, it did, so I got new open-fit BTEs to replace in-the-ear aids.
  7. Certainly. I’ll get new aids in 3-5 years, depending on my hearing needs and financial resources. If open-fit or the future equivalent or better works, that’s what I’ll be doing.

Thank you so much jay man. I really appreciate it.

Would anyone else would like to respond?

1. Yes with my current ones. I’ve had multiple sets all of my adult life with disatisfaction with only one pair.
  2. The bad pair were a rotten fit for my hearing. Bad audiologist caused it. Insurance forced me to that audiologist. Eventually gave up on them and paid for replacements somewhere else.
  3. From the time I get out of the shower until I go to bed that night. I only leave them out when it is prudent, such as mowing the grass or swimming.
  4. My wife would kill me if I didn’t wear them. She hates having to repeat herself.
  5. Initially, not much. I had 100% insurance and was referred to the best audiologist in the world. She was very good and her prices very reasonable. She retired years ago and closed the office. 2nd audiologist I mentioned in 2 above. He was horrible. I was spoiled by the first one who worked with me from early adult to middle age. Lost my insurance after the 2nd audi. Shopped three different audi’s until I settled on my current one.
  6. None of those listed. I have very weird hearing, best described as a “reverse slope/cookie bite combination” with virtually no bone conduction hearing. Performance of the hearing aid trumps everything else. Price would probably be second. I don’t stick to a brand much, having had many different ones. I didn’t care for Phonak much but I wouldn’t rule them out in the future.
  7. Sure. Most only work for about 5 years and I’m extremely dependent on them. I’m also a musician (not my ‘day job’) and I can’t play without the HAs. Luckily my hearing has stayed reasonbly constant over the years and I usually only need new ones when the old ones fail. Rarely has repair ever been economical due to the advances in technology. Besides, I’m an electrical engineer and a known ‘gadget freak’. If new ones work better, might as well get them. COST kills me though. Thousands of dollars every 5 or so years really hurts.

I am happy to participate in your survey.

1. Are you satisfied with your hearing aids?

Yes, very.

2.If not, why?

NA

1. Do you wearing hearing aids everyday?

Yes

4.If not why?

NA

5.How many places did you shop before choosing a hearing aid?

Six

6.What was the most important reason you chose your hearing aid you have:
a.Price
b.Brand
c.reputation of the place I purchased it
d.size of hearing aid

All of the above

7.Do you believe you will eventually get a diffrent hearing aid?

I will wear the same brand but possibly a different type if my hearing continues to worsen.