Question about hearing my ear ringing over hearing aid

Hi I’ve had my Phonak cros aid for nearly two months now with open fit domes and have noticed that I am able to hear certain sounds like my own voice and the occasional ringing I get in my right ear above the sound that the hearing aid picks up so it sounds louder than what my hearing aids are providing is there something that can be done to help with this like a change of dome or moulds. Also I am noticing as well that somethings don’t sound loud enough like in certain situations like when out for a family meal or when watching tv it doesn’t always sound loud enough and I still have to turn it up a bit not as loud as I use to and I don’t know if this is because my hearing may have Changed between fitting and now or just something needs adjusting on the settings. I have my first follow up in a few weeks time and so want what kind of things I consider asking about like dome types or moulds and sound adjustments that can be made or if I should consider ask about having a fresh hearing test done etc

0 Likes

Not unusual I have had tinnitus since 1975. I have had hearing aids since 2005 and my tinnitus is loud enough at times that I hear it while I am wearing my hearing aids

0 Likes

I don’t know if you can really call the ringing I get in my ear tinnitus because it doesn’t happen a lot it’s more of a ringing that is caused by certain things like loud sounds in my environment. If it tinnitus are there any settings that can help and also what about dome changes etc would anything like that be any good and also would a change in dome or getting a mould be useful for stopping my voice sounding to loud

0 Likes

Mine is there all the time, but it gets worse if I have sinus issues, if the weather changes, if my blood pressure goes up, and if I have too much salt in my diet. The tinnitus for most is our brain trying to replace the sounds it is not getting from our ears due to our lack of hearing.

0 Likes

Change your wax guards.

2 Likes

I changed the wax guards a week ago and I clean them daily as I’m prone to ear infections and I’m still getting the problems described above so I’m not sure what is happening and I’m wondering is it my hearing has changed or do some settings need changing or do I need a different kind of dome or mould I really don’t know what is happening so have no idea what to ask my audiologist about what can be done so just want some ideas of what to ask and if anyone thinks any of the mentioned above are things that could be helpful asking about what do people think

2 Likes

Then if you’ve cleaned the hearing aids and changed the wax guards you’ve done what you can do, the rest is up to your provider. Lots can be done. Take a list of what you’d like.

0 Likes

Thank you for your help I’ll make a list of things that I’ll ask them about but if anyone has suggestions on settings I could ask them about changing for like noise environments or watch tv or types or domes or moulds I could ask them about I would be grateful as I still don’t know much about types of settings that can be adjusted or types of dome or mould or what ever as my previous hearing aid from old audiologist was a wired cros and when I asked about adjustments all they ever did was adjust the gain and not much else and didn’t really inform me much about why they just adjusted the gain and not anything else on the settings to do with programs etc

0 Likes