Question About Clarity

Had my appointment and came away with more “comfortable” hearing. We discussed some of my problems.

I printed out what you mentioned, showed it to my provider and was surprised when they said that’s good information and we’ll try it.

So, the adjustments were made, the high frequency “white” noise is greatly reduced.

Watched TV last night and I think I now need more volume. Clarity still is lacking. But we’ll try this for several more days and see how I adjust.

My mistake while there, I neglected to ask about the speech discrimination. I’ll get a chance to do that next visit.

I want to thank all here for their valuable information input.

HearingAidHelper.

I didnt realise T- coil/neckloop a was more “euo-thing!” I hate having loops round my neck, but its the only way to enjoy-if you call it that, the TV.

These Naida I expect are more than capable of hearing a pin drop at 30 feet. But not with my hearing! I can just make out some TV speech if it`s clear, using subtitles.

So when I watch TV, its Naidas in “T+mic” mode. Contego loop to hear my wife if she wants to speak or comment on the program to me, followed by the IR loop. Thats a fair bit of knitting to hang yourself with. Thats when I envy some of you when you can stream the TV directly to your aids.

Modifieddriver is finding that hearing people, and hearing TV is very different. Maybe listening though a separate stereo system will help. TV speakers are not exactly Hi-Fi, and even a cheap amp. may make a big improvement.

Hi JohnD,

Telecoil loops etc, are slowly catching on in North America, but the emphasis is on the word slowly.

If you have a severe to profound hearing loss, then I would agree, a more direct link to the desired audio signal would be better. This isn’t really the case with ModifiedDriver.

I am not a fan of the extra’s unless you really need them. I personally dislike more accessories.

Hi ModifiedDriver,

I am glad you are doing better. Keep making your observations and modifications and you will get to where you need to be.