Programing the bolero q90

Hi there, I’d like to know if any special hardware is needed for programing the bolero, I have a HiPro usb, and I understand that I will need a cable (BTW, what cable?). But other than that? (With a ReSound BTE aid you also need a “boot”), Also , can I just download the target software?

Thanks, Meir

Target software is not available for download but can be bought on eBay everynow and again
You are better off getting the iCube as the cables are hard to come by.

The cable(s) you need should be a CS44A. They are usually not easy to find. I got a pair of them several years ago when I bought my serial Hi-Pro.

The only reason I use the Hi-Pro is for software updates to the aids. To do updates, you must be hard wired to the aid.

An iCube is much easier to use for programming. You hang it around you neck, and tell iPFG or Target to connect to the aids. I probably would have worn out the connectors on the aids tweaking the programming if I didn’t have an iCube.

Thanks’ everyone

— Updated —

Thanks’ everyone

Zebras, i have not yet gotten HA’s, but have two audigrams since 2012 with 3000-8000hz mild left and moderate right loss. Continue to get complaints from others. Happens that i have recently inherited pair of less than year old Phonak Q90 P’s. Can they be reprogrammed by a willing audiologist for my needs? Paid a la carte of course.
Thanks,
Agiledog

“Zebras, i have not yet gotten HA’s, but have two audigrams since 2012 with 3000-8000hz mild left and moderate right loss. Continue to get complaints from others. Happens that i have recently inherited pair of less than year old Phonak Bolero Q90 P’s. Can they be reprogrammed by a willing audiologist for my needs? Paid a la carte of course.”
OOOPS!!—forgot to say these are Bolero BTE aids. Talked to AuD today who agreed this is most cost effective and will refit for $500. Said it can be done with open fit, though says he typically now uses the Adeo for open fit situation since Bolero is commonly done with molds or RIC.
Thanks,
Agiledog

I have the Bolero Q90P with open fit. Works well for me.