Problem with Compilot--having to pair over and over

Hi all, new to these forums, been wearing HA’s for many years, recently got new Phonak aids and the Compilot. I paired it with my phone, TV base station, ipad, and mic. But I am having to repeat the pairing process with the phone and TV base station many times. And sometimes the units just will NOT pair.

Can anyone assist, when they pair and work as they are supposed to it is great, however I’ve only had them about 2 weeks and have had to pair them maybe 20 times. Tonight I tried pairing to the TV several times without success, the blue lights flash but never turn solid and pair.

I appreciate any help, thanks!

Suggest trying just one device at a time with the bluetooth turned off on the ones not connected. Try this for a day or two and then increase one at a time over time.

— Updated —

The issue is that you can only pair with 2 blue tooth devises at a time. That is a big minus, in my opinion, and I hope they soon give us some more options. In the mean while I have chosen to pair to my phone (that is the option that I love the most) and to the TV. When I watch movies on my laptop, I use the sound cable to the compilot to get around that I cannot pair to a third devise.

Ugh! I was told up to SIX devices were supported! I don’t have the manual, one is on the way to me, I will check that.

By sound cable do you mean the one intended to go from a TV’s headphone jack to the TV base station? I tried using that to go from a cell phone to the compilot without success. Should the Compilot switch to the cable input automatically when it’s plugged in or do you need to set it to that mode somehow?

Thanks for the suggestions.

MassMatt

I aslo was under the impression that the Compilot could handle more connections and I struggled with the same pairing issue, but deep down in the user guide I found this:
It is possible to have multiple audio sources connected and in operation with the ComPilot:

• Two Bluetooth devices (e.g., phone and TVLink S basestation).
  • One audio input (3.5mm audio plug).
  • One FM receiver.

I received an audio cable with my Compilot, with a jack that goes into the computer in one end at into the bottom of the Compilot at the other end. It is not one of the cables that comes with the TV link (which you need for the TV link).

— Updated —

MassMatt

I aslo was under the impression that the Compilot could handle more connections and I struggled with the same pairing issue, but deep down in the user guide I found this:
It is possible to have multiple audio sources connected and in operation with the ComPilot:

• Two Bluetooth devices (e.g., phone and TVLink S basestation).
  • One audio input (3.5mm audio plug).
  • One FM receiver.

I received an audio cable with my Compilot, with a jack that goes into the computer in one end at into the bottom of the Compilot at the other end. It is not one of the cables that comes with the TV link (which you need for the TV link).

Keep in mind the two main issues with terminology.

Paired means the two devices have been introduced to each other. You can pair to several different devices.

Connected means the devices are in range and are communicating (or ready to communicate). It sounds like your device should be able to connect to only two devices at one time.

One previous poster had the best suggestion, turn everything else off, and pair one device where there are no other devices in the area with bluetooth active.

Then, once a device is paired, you should never have to pair it again. You may have to do something to get it to connect, depending on the device, but pairing is a one-time thing. If it is truly losing the pairing, it is defective.

The ComPilot can be paired to a maximum of 8 devices, but the number of devices that can be “connected” at any one time is limited. It depends on the profile type that each device uses. The ComPilot can connect 2 channels of A2DP and 2 channels of HFP/HSP. Cell phones use both A2DP and HFP/HSP, and the TV Link and RemoteMic use A2DP. So you can’t connect two cell phones plus TV Link at the same time, for example, because that’s three channels of A2DP. Devices are automatically connected if they’re turned on and in range.

I am a new UK user with a ComPilot. I fully agree with all the earlier comments - you can pair with more devices than 2 but you can only concurrently connect to 2.

Anyway, I’ve had an old Phonak iCom paired with my relatively modern (2013) Panasonic TV and had no issues at all with it. I upgraded to ComPilot last week and it paired first time with the TV and streamed Bluetooth audio without problems. However, when I came to use it the next time I turned it on but it didn’t auto connect to the TV (as the iCom used to). I tried to force the TV to manually connect but it said it couldn’t see the ComPilot. No amount of turning both on & off worked. I proved the ComPilot could still connect to my laptop or phone (if I enabled Bluetooth on those) so it was definitely working with other devices. So, with ONLY the TV and ComPilot switched on and still getting no luck I eventually tried to un-pair and re-pair them. Even that then failed - the TV could see the ComPilot but it complained that there was an error in pairing. I switched both off & on again and then I COULD re-pair and Audio was streamed okay. I switched off the ComPilot and back-on again and it did reconnect. However, the next morning I seem to be back in the same position again with them refusing to connect. There are no other Bluetooth devices in the house and I am the only property in the area so no stray devices from neighbours. I don’t want to have to unpair, power-cycle the TV, then re-pair every time I want to stream audio from the TV. That would be a massive step backwards!

One thing I have just thought of is that I didn’t delete the old pairing of the iCom from the TV. Even though it wasn’t turned on I supposed there’s a slim chance there is some sort of clash (even though it should be irrelevant). I will try that tonight.

Anyway, has anyone got any tips on resolving ComPilot pairing issues? Since the TV worked fine for over a year with the Phonak iCOM I’m assuming it must be a problem with the ComPilot?

i think thats the nature of the beast. good old blue tooth. i have the same issue, with my com pilot and my ihpone and my truck stereo. most of the time they pair automatically but not always.