Power Rating of Hearing Aid Batteries

Does anyone know what the power rating is of a zinc air 312 battery?

I know the voltage is 1.4, according to Rayovac. But I can’t find the power ratings anywhere.

Thanks for the help!

dr.amy

You may want to go over to microbattery.They have a good chart on battery specs.I do know Rayovac has a new Proline Advanced that is rated at 1.45 volts.

Good Luck

The specifications likely vary by manufacturer. According to http://www.microbattery.com/tech-rayovac-hearing-aid-battery.htm here are some examples.

Size 10 245 hours at 1500 ohms load

Size 312 215 hours at 1500 ohms load

Size 13 360 hours at 1500 ohms load

Apparently the above figures are based on usage 12 hours per day until the voltage reaches 1.1 volts. They are supposed to lose less than 5% capacity per year in storage.

There are data sheets on the site too.

Do you mean wattage?

Actually, that is usually measured in milliamp hours. Actually, the chart I quoted above has an error. According to other docs, the Size 10 rating is at 3000 ohms load, half the other sizes. The capacities translate to:

Size 10 114 mAH

Size 312 201 mAH

Size 13 336 mAH

For comparison, a AA battery might be 2850 mAH

I understand how they are rated, which why I posed the question: the SI unit of ‘Power’ is Watts (one Joule/sec), as opposed to the life which you’ve given above.

Yes, I was referring (i think) to Watts. I have a chemist patient who works in a lab and before he can wear his new aids, his compliance manager needed to know the power rating. Voltage wasn’t what he was looking for. I’ve called my Rayovac distributor to no avail…

dr.amy

WAV - Watts = Amps x Volts

Watts / Amps = Volts

Watts / Volts = Amps

You ought to be able to work it out from that - your answer will be in mW though unless you factor it all by a 1000. You need the instantaneous current draw from the aid for the Amps not the battery life. The voltage will always be 1-1.2v. For arguments sake you could state that the drawn Wattage will be near as makes no difference to the current drawn in mAmps.

Just get this figure, add 20% and change the symbol to mWatts. (It might even be uW)