After a month of distortion, I was about to give up, and get a refund. But I like what theses are capable of, although so far the distortion has been too bad for them to be really useful.
I had an appointment yesterday, and he was still fighting a losing battle with distortion, and could not find the cause. My suggestion that maybe I needed to change to the Naida Q, was answered with “ they are not as good” which is probably right. But if I can hear better with them, it would solve a lot of problems.
I don`t understand that each time they are setup to my prescription, they sound different. Now the soft sounds are at an acceptable level, but they were not there before. The left HA sounds better than before, and I could hear my wife clearly calling from the kitchen, but cannot understand her close up. So I decided to go the DIY way.
Having spent most of the morning programming the right V90, I have definitely made an improvement. Last night, the loop was dreadful. Now it`s much clearer, as is the Soundflow.
I did it by showing the Compression from the menu. Then adjusting G80, G65 and G50 to get a reasonably even line around 1.6 to 2. Not always straight, but the result is more impressive than before. I expect it will take a few days for me to get used to the change, but I think I have a better starting point now. I may have to live with a certain amount of distortion, which is down to my hearing loss.
I was going to get an appointment for next week, but now I will see how well they behave with various voices, and situations over the next week.