Pocket Talker

Does anyone have a PocketTalker? It sounds like it would be a big help for eliminating background noise in small groups and cars.

Used one at a local public theatre and loved it. Based on that experience I plan to get one for myself but like you had hoped to get some better feedback. I don’t find the number of hits you’ve had with no response particularly encouraging! :wink:

hi
I have a mild hearing loss that distorts speech perception when I’m talking with someone who has a soft or low voice. Since I’m a Psychotherapist, it’s crucial that I be able to hear every word a patient is saying, and needless to say, a lot of people in therapy have soft voices! I have $6000 top of the line T-coil aides that are basically useless in many situations where ceilings are too high, or competing sounds even from radiators or a slightly open window make hearing words impossible. I chose my office in part for the silent radiators and it is an optimal hearing environment, but I still rely on my Pocket Talker.
You can adjust the sound from both your neckloop amplifier and from the pocket talker. You are tethered to the device by a wire that connects it to your loop, so as long as you are seated, it works great. I still have problems with speakers very low voices and have found that if i sit forward and wear the neckloop very high near my throat, sometimes moving it around, I can almost hear everything. Whew!
Can’t wait for modern technology to catch up!

Hey I’m selling a Comfort Audio FM neckloop system on Ebay for very cheap compared to the RRP. I don’t need it. Its similar to a pocket talker and probably better quality…
If you need any questions answering, just ask, Im an audiologist.

Cheers
Anyad.x

Relisted!

Hey I’m selling a Comfort Audio FM neckloop system on Ebay for very cheap compared to the RRP. I don’t need it. Its similar to a pocket talker and probably better quality…
If you need any questions answering, just ask, Im an audiologist. Search ebay for:

Comfort Contego FM loop system(Hearing Aid alternative)

Cheers
Anyad.x