Plugging hearing aid vents?

When I purchased my hearing aids from America Hears, the package came with a these ear plug cones. The had different sized holes inside them. I used them as a way to increase the volume on hearing aids without increasing feedback. It worked really well and I didn’t have any real occlusion effects.

It’s been 3 years now and I’ve went through them all. I’ve looked online to stock up on them but could not find anything. I’ve basically rolled up a piece of electric tape, poked a hole in it with a needle, and pushed it into the vent. It’s working as good as the original plugs but I’d still prefer the real thing. Anyone know where to get them? Do they go by a special name besides “vent plugs”?

Not sure if this is what you’re looking for but I have used these in the past: http://store.microsonic-inc.com/331-standardselect-a-venttrees.aspx

They’re called “select-a-vent”.

Can you post a picture?

America Hears is still in business. Why don’t you try them?

Could these be the cone / plugs you are talking about? Ear Tips - America Hears Hearing Aids

Jeff

I simply use a small dab of silicone sealant in my vents, on the occasion the vendor doesn’t heed my no vent instructions.

Those SAVs are kind of what I was looking for. However, I don’t think they’ll fit the vents I have.

The closest I found online to what I’m looking for is below:

Meanwhile, I’m going to try calling America Hears and see if they got them for sale.

The silicone sealant sounds like an interesting idea, though. Maybe I can create my own vent plug maker. Make some kind of an impression kit, fill it with clear silicone sealer, put a needle in the middle (I still need a tiny hole to remove occlusion), let it dry, and then maybe perfect the final shape with a double edge blade.

Could put your vent cleaner tool through with some release agent on it, like mineral oil, and silicone around it. I dunno, I don’t have occlusion issues, but I do have a need for a lot of amp.

I managed to do it just now with a hot glue gun.

I took a needle, dipped it in oil from my hair trimmer and then poured hot glue over it, keeping the needle in the center. After it dried, i pulled the whole thing off the needle, cut it to size and stuffed it inside the vent. It stays in place dead thanks to its rubbery texture. It looks and feels flexible just like the real thing. Works just as well too. Saved a trip to Home Depot!

Not sure what type of ear-mold you have and the vents. In an emergency I have used remnant of an ear-mold tubing. Not a perfect fix, but did the trick.

— Updated —

Not sure what type of ear-mold you have and the vents. In an emergency I have used remnant of an ear-mold tubing. Not a perfect fix, but did the trick.