'Please speak up': Mask buttons help those who wear hearing aids

Great Idea.

5 Likes

I don’t wear a face mask, I wear a clear full face medical shield

2 Likes

This is interesting. It would replace the high frequencies that are missing due to the the mask. It is an issue for people like myself who have to where and communicate in a mask environment. As they are required by law. Thank you for sharing.

1 Like

That big button looks like it’s pulling the mask off her face. Then of course you’re putting a hole in the aid. And people are going to wonder why a mask covering your face prevents you from hearing. It seems easier to just say I’m hard of hearing

1 Like

cvKemp just wondering is the face sheild you wear closed all the way around or is it open at the bottom? where did you find it.

I is open at the bottom, I wear it mostly because I naturally have issues breathing through my nose, wear the mask to me feels like someone is holding my head underwater. I am also claustrophobic, but the clear mask allows me to feel like I am not closed in. I have worn it to the VA clinic, and also to my private practice doctor that I have to see yearing that I use as my back up doctor. It is just the same as wearing a cloth face mask it is usless really but it meets the requirement to keep people happy that you are following their rules.

1 Like

Masks absolutely do help; please stop spreading misinformation. I thought I’d even heard it’s “the patriotic thing” to do, wearing a mask? I expect better from you sir!

All these articles below have photos and videos of how the masks help. You can’t dispute this.

https://www.fau.edu/newsdesk/articles/efficacy-facemasks-coronavirus.php

2 Likes

You do what you are physically able to do and I will do what I can physically do. I will only wear my face shield. The face shield is just as good and more than likely better than a face mask, and that is per my doctors.

I was only saying thank you for sharing this is nice to know in this time of mask wearing.

3 Likes

I understand that you may have limitations that prevent you from wearing a cloth face mask; I would just ask that you not spread the disinformation that they are ineffective, because they clearly are effective.

We were only initially told not to wear masks in order to prevent a run on the supply (i.e. the same thing that happened when everyone was hoarding toilet paper). It caused tons of confusion, but it wasn’t because they have no benefit. That’s all.

1 Like

My doctor is the one who told me that the face shield is just as good as a cloth mask. There isn’t any miss information there. And honestly everyone is better off with me wearing the shield than the mask.

That’s the misinformation I’m talking about. From your post 2ish hours ago.

1 Like

So you are saying I shouldn’t believe what my doctors tell me. Well I believe my doctors a lot more than any of the crap I hear or see in the media, or on the internet. I believe the ones that are there to take care of me and not some thing I feel is just to be politically correct.
I just came from the Cardiologiest and ever nurse and doctor there was wearing a face shield and not a mask. Then we had to drop paperwork off at the gastrologist and the same thing there.
I even asked the doctor about it and he said they do it because it is healthier than wearing a restrictive mask for 8 to 10 hours. Everyone has the right to their believes and I will accept that. But I for one do not believe a word of what is said in the media or internet, and I will get my information from my doctor’s own mouth. And I advise everyone I talk to to do the same thing.

3 Likes

There are evidence based facts, and there are “beliefs”. These are not the same thing. This is what is wrong with the world anymore…

1 Like

They’re now suggesting you wear a face mask and a face shield to also protect your eyes which can be a passage way for the virus. Next we’ll all be dressing like astronauts

2 Likes

The eyes having a mucous membrane were always a concern for transmission risk. That’s part of the whole don’t touch your face, stop wearing your contact lenses, etc. talk that’s been going for months now.

2 Likes

I’m just saying they’re now recommending shields. But thanks for correcting me. Actually they’re concerned about getting droplets in your eyes when another person sneezes or coughs. Not touching your contaminated hands to your eyes. This is a little different

This is what he is referring to. You posted this and is sounds like you are saying that face masks are useless. I read it the same way. IMHO Face masks and shields both work

2 Likes

I must have missed where I said face masks are useless. Too much hostility on this thread. Too many experts. But no one with a cure. I thought this was about wearing a button. Moving on.

2 Likes

We have to face it wearing a face mask is controversial, even the medical community cannot fully agree. I will follow my doctor’s advice as I don’t trust the media or the internet.

1 Like