PLEASE HELP! Need to interview people who wear hearing aids for school

Hello everyone I am an SLP student and for an assignment need to interview a few people who wear hearing aids. Your reply will be confidential and used only for this assignment! I appreciate your help! :smiley:

1. How long have you worn your hearing aids?
  2. For how long before you got your hearing aids did you suspect you had a hearing loss?
  3. How long do you wear your hearing aids each day?
  4. Do you feel like you get benefit from your hearing aids?
  5. What complaints do you have about your hearing aids?
  6. Do you feel like your hearing aids have lived up to what your audiologist or hearing aid dealer told you they would do?
  7. Did you get your hearing aids from an audiologist or a hearing aid dealer?

Thank you so much for directing me here! I really appreciate it!

Answers to questions

1. For 15 years, since I was 3.
  2. A year.
  3. 15 hours
  4. Yes and no.
  5. Sound isn’t loud enough. Can’t hear everything around me and I have trouble hearing people sometimes.
  6. No.
  7. Audiologist.

Hope that helps,
Craig

1. How long have you worn your hearing aids? 2 years
  2. For how long before you got your hearing aids did you suspect you had a hearing loss? 2 years
  3. How long do you wear your hearing aids each day? 12 - 14 hours a day
  4. Do you feel like you get benefit from your hearing aids? Yes
  5. What complaints do you have about your hearing aids? That I have to wear them at all.
  6. Do you feel like your hearing aids have lived up to what your audiologist or hearing aid dealer told you they would do? Yes
  7. Did you get your hearing aids from an audiologist or a hearing aid dealer? Internet Hearing Aid Dealer

Costco

Answers to your questions above.:slight_smile:

1. About 20 years. Got some aged 5 and wore for a few years, didn’t wear in teens.
  2. I didn’t, I was only 5 when my parents realised I wasn’t hearing so well.
  3. All day.
  4. Absolutely. I cannot hear voices even if they are right next to my ear without my hearing aids - with them I can hold conversations at shortish distances. A major improvement.
  5. Occasional feedback. Would love to hear more! Not got when in lots of background noise. Wind noise blowing across the mics is terrible.
  6. Yeah, to be honest, I’ve been wearing aids so long and my loss is now severe so I’m under no illusions about how well they are going to help.
  7. Audiologist.
  1. How long have you worn your hearing aids? A. 8 yrs
  2. For how long before you got your hearing aids did you suspect you had a hearing loss? A. 4 yrs.
  3. How long do you wear your hearing aids each day? A. 15 hrs.
  4. Do you feel like you get benefit from your hearing aids? A. Yes
  5. What complaints do you have about your hearing aids? A. Discomfort in heat.
  6. Do you feel like your hearing aids have lived up to what your audiologist or hearing aid dealer told you they would do? A. Yes
  7. Did you get your hearing aids from an audiologist or a hearing aid dealer? A. Audiologist
  1. How long have you worn your hearing aids? since age 3, so that would be 40 years.
  2. For how long before you got your hearing aids did you suspect you had a hearing loss? most likely 2 years.
  3. How long do you wear your hearing aids each day? 12 hours.
  4. Do you feel like you get benefit from your hearing aids? Yes.
  5. What complaints do you have about your hearing aids? Durability.
  6. Do you feel like your hearing aids have lived up to what your audiologist or hearing aid dealer told you they would do? Somewhat satisfied.
  7. Did you get your hearing aids from an audiologist or a hearing aid dealer? Hearing Aid Dispenser.
  1. How long have you worn your hearing aids? 13 years.
  2. For how long before you got your hearing aids did you suspect you had a hearing loss? Several years.
  3. How long do you wear your hearing aids each day? ~12 hours. Depends, I don’t wear them when I’m by myself.
  4. Do you feel like you get benefit from your hearing aids? Yes.
  5. What complaints do you have about your hearing aids? Current ones sound tinny or echo when I speak loudly. certain sounds (cellophane) are too loud while over all sound is not loud enough. Domes don’t stay in ears.
  6. Do you feel like your hearing aids have lived up to what your audiologist or hearing aid dealer told you they would do? Yes but I don’t think she ever said that they would do anything more than “help”.
  7. Did you get your hearing aids from an audiologist or a hearing aid dealer? Audiologist, until this year when I bought from Costco. May go back to my audiologist as I got better service (loaner HA while mine are serviced. Adjustment’s to correct problems were usually a one stop fix).

The Siemens Pure 300 hearing aid is great (When it is working).