Please help me understand my initial fit of KS10

Rick:

Yes, this is connected through the TV Connector. My issue is the distortion of sound through RCA 3.5 stereo cable connection from Yamaha receiver audio out to TV connector. As sterei pointed out above, this happens only on some tv stations, not all. For now, I am just putting up with it.

Have you plugged the TV connector directly to the TV?

I have connected TV Connector directly using toslink out from TV to TV connector. If I am alone, that is fine. But when I am watching TV with my wife, we want to use yamaha receiver surround sound. The problem then is a terrible audio delay in yamaha surrond speakers.

To prevent this delay, I need to get both the audio out for my hearing aid and audio to speakers from Yamaha only. Unfortunately, yamaha tsr-700 from costco does not have optical out. So I am using zone 2 RCA out. With this setup, I do not have audio delay, but I get audio distortion from RCA with hum on some channels.

Today, I ordered audio extractor from amazon. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B08FR4771P/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I will extract toslink audio for hearing aid using it. I will get it on Monday. Let’s see how it goes.

1 Like