Picture of the Phonak Remote Controls Side by Side

Here’s a pic of the 3 available types of remote controls for Phonak hearing aids, such as the Savia, Eleva, Supero, etc.

I think the watch pilot is really neat, because you never forget it at home or lose it. The key pilot is also good because it always stays with your keys, but if you’re like me, who carry a lot of keys, kind of adds to that bulk in your pocket.

Greetings,

I am looking at the Micro Eleva. Do I need to alos buy one of these remotes? If so any idea about the cost of the keyring unit?

Thanks for your help! :slight_smile:

With the Micro Eleva, the remotes are not a necessity. It is just that some users like to adjust the programs on their own or adjust the volume up and down, which can only be done with the remote.

Yet, I have found that for most patients, the remote is not necessary, as the autopilot settings built into the Eleva’s work very well.

If you need a remote, the Key Pilot is generally around $300-$400 and is quite small and handy.

I’ve seen all three remotes and they sure look sexy. However, I found the gent’s watch large and cumbersome. Certianly not something you’d like to show around.
But somebody was telling me that it is better to have the HA doing it’s piece automatically by itself rather than doing it through remote.
The dispenser was trying her level best to sell me the Phonak FM Link which is atechnical marvel for sure but I just don’t see how this could have application for me when I’m teaching.

kevin tyagi

Most of the top digital hearing aids operate quite well in automatic modes.

Yet, I have several teachers and seminar presenters who love using their remotes, so that they can fine tune their instruments to hear people way in the back, etc.

I would just try them without the remote first and you can always add FM or remotes later one.

Let us know how that works for you.

I agree, its compact enough to fit in my pocket.

Hearing Planet - Hearing Planet Product Catalogs

I have to agree completely. The vast majority of hearing aid users do not need a remote control. Many of the top manufacturers don’t even offer this outdated technology these days. I’ve not fitted a remote control aid since 1998.

A modern digital aid can usually have four different programs and a manual volume control on it, if you really want that much flexibility (most don’t need that). You can access four different programs with a simple button and the volume with a little wheel. Now you don’t need to lug some remote control around with you.

I recently fitted a CIC digital four memory aid to a gentleman who had a remote control that was, and I kid you not, the size of an audio cassette. He has a complicated life style as he is a pilot and still very active. He does just fine with four memories in his hearing aid, and is so glad not to need that ugly remote any more.

I’m sure there are the occasional user who may benefit, but I am very skeptical that it would even be 1% of patients who NEED a remote.

Well, it looks good. I’m sure a lot of people will appreciate it.

Shirley
Hearing Planet - Hearing Planet Product Catalogs