Picking hearing aid/adjusting time

People with profound hearing losses like mine, have to use ear molds that are NOT vented. I did have vented RITE and sold it during the second year. Went back to my powerful 2007 aids. Will be trialing Phonak UP aids.

I have a tiny vent in my ear moulds and I have a profound loss in the high frequencies. As without vents, I get sore ears as there is no ventilation. I got them done privately though.

When l have earmolds, l give them a break once a while. I don’t leave earmolds in ear 16 hours a day. Every several hours, l remove the earmolds and aid to dry out my ear canal.

I have a tiny vent in my earmolds too! (the bigger one is for putting the tubing through it)

ok quick feedback after 2 weeks of wearing opn 1 rite with double domes- in quiet enviorment it really makes difference as long not many people in room chattering and laughing,watching tv is also improved experience .this is with default program with speech rescue on.now outside-sadly,totally oposite.basicly outside of house HA amplyfies sound in a way that my tinnitus grow stronger in just couple of minutes and starting having headache and within 15 min HA are back in box.i also lower volume but noting really helps.Now all this happens in caffe bars with medium up to strong noise but noting close as for example rock concert or similiar,i also have noticed that with HA in situtions like this i dont gain any advantage to understand person am talking to and after some testing i have noticed i can hear better in noisy situtions without HA- at least human speech which is way normal,softer not robotic or disorted etc.Therefore i wear HA only home and in outside situation where is low noise present.I just hope that am still in process that my brain adapt in alot new situation now with HA and that it will get better…

In my opinion only, if you are not happy with this “whole” package you are being sold, and your still in your trial period I would return those HA’s and get a refund. Then try another audiologist even if it means having to travel.

If your Audi is not listening to your complaints now as a new client he’s not going to ever listen to your complaints. In my opinion only he’s looking at the bottom figure in $

I have to use a “streamer” for conversations on the iPhone. I gave up on the land line years ago as I couldn’t hear. Maybe a streamer is worth researching for your self. I personally feel with your hearing loss you would be far better with a mold. If you get occlusions you get vents put in the molds at time of being made. But this is my experience only.
I also have trouble still in crowded situations, but as I have been approved for an CI I’m waiting until then to buy all the extra bits and pieces that will help with crowded restaurants etc.

Good luck.

regardless of the hearing aid model, change the audiologist.