Phone operation question with use of the S9

I finally convinced my wife to switch to the S9 because her Apple i6 was getting very old. I use a feature that some of you may not be familiar with: my wife frequently calls her parents in China. The way that works you need to call an access # first, then they tell you to dial the in country #. I use a phone feature called “wait - signified by a “;” that allows you to put the access number and then a “;” then the local #. That way the phone will (after it connects with the access number, will prompt you to press a button (in the S9 case - yes/no when ready to dial the rest of the number. That saves you the tedium of dialing each digit. To make short story long, that works very well, but when I used another feature such as “, for pause” it doesn’t work. That feature is supposed to pause for 2 to 3 seconds (for each , and dial the balance of the number without prompting. Any of you have this experience. With my wife’s iPhone both the “;” and the “,” worked the way they should.

0 Likes

I apologize in advance because this is not a hearing aid question.

0 Likes

0 Likes

In contacts, when typing in the number, if you press the symbols key, do you get a screen like this.

0 Likes

Yes, but while the wait key works fine, the pause key does not (even though the appropriate symbol is placed in the phone number).

0 Likes