Phone Clip + and Windows 7

I’m hoping for a push in the right direction. :slight_smile: I have Resound Alera 7s and a Phone Clip+. It’s worked well pairing with my IPhone 6 and work’s IPhone 5s (phone tech support) as well as my IMac and works like a dream. My only problem is my company is going to a 3CX softphone setup. (I was using a copper line phone and the speaker phone for calls previously.)

I’ve not been able to successfully use clip+ with Windows 7 so I can use the softphone – it pairs, but there’s no driver to actually make it work. I

I’ve tried the Plantronics MDA200 to get around this, but that isn’t disconnecting properly. I’ve missed lots of calls and frustrated clients. Other devices, like the recommended Cisco IP Phone SPA525G didn’t recognize the phone clip+, so I’m out of luck there.

I’ve tried creating a A2DP profile, but I really don’t understand the procedure well enough to successfully make it work.

ReSound hasn’t made a Bluetooth driver for Windows, so no luck there. I have to use the Windows 7 laptop because some of the software I use won’t run on a Mac.

Has anyone got the A2DP profile on Windows 7 to work or at least be able to use the phone clip? If so, what driver(s) have you used?

Thanks in advance for any direction you can point me to. I’ve already looked at the Wikipedia and several YouTube videos, but I can’t seem to figure out what I’m doing wrong.

Thanks,
April

I’ll get a hearing profile up as soon as I can. :slight_smile:

I have a Windows 7 desktop and use the MDA200 successfully. I use the SSP2714-01 bluetooth dongle in the MDA200, not the basic BT300. I got it to work right away as a streaming device but couldn’t get the microphone to work until I went through the microphone setup in Control Panel. To do that I had to start the connection, where the MDA200 Bluetooth dongle is slowly flashing blue, and then start the microphone setup.

Thank you, Don. :slight_smile: Do you have any issues with getting calls right after you’re on one? Sometimes I have to talk to people on my support team and swtich back to the phone for another call. It’s a very fast paced environment.

I’ll see if I can get the above dongle. :slight_smile:

I’ll post to this thread with my results.

Freq left Right
250 40 40
500 50 50
1000 60 60
2000 70 70
3000 65 65
4000 70 70
6000 70 75
8000 65 75

Resound Alera 7
Phone Clip+

I don’t use it for calls, but if you end the softphone call on the Phone Clip+ it may be ending the connection to the MDA200 as well. You should be able to end the call on the computer and still have the Phone Clip+ connected to the MDA200. The way you can tell is if the MDA200 bluetooth dongle is slow blinking. If it is slow blinking you are still connected. Nothing will transmit on my computer unless I first connect to the MDA200 by pressing the button on the Phone Clip+. Then it slow-blinks and I’m good to go.

What happens when you end a call? Does the MDA200 still slow-blink?

Sorry I’ve taken so long to reply.

I’ve not been able to get the Clip+ and the MDA200 or either of the Plantronics dongles (SSP2714-01 or BT-300) to work. It seemed to get worse.

After some conversation with my audiologist, we upgraded my hearing aids to Lynx2 ITE hearing aids with the Helix microphone. What a total difference – I need no adapters, only the standard headset that everyone else is using.

I’ve had the Aleras for about 4 1/2 years now; upon some reflection, I wonder if the aids were dying rather than the dongle not working.
Just a thought for anyone else reading this.

Thank you Don, for your response. I appreciate it!