Phonak

I have the new Phonak Naida S IX which were fitted few days back. I had to go back to get the noise controlled better. In the car I cannot hear my music from radio or Ipod very well and its being masked by the road noise. Since I have high frequency dead spots due to my severe to profound hearing loss, is this masking is what is happening to me??? What should my audiologist do? He added a speech in noise for me to use in the car to listen to musci but the road noise is now controlled but as I get up to 50 plus mph the sounds of the music gets masked by surroundings. I hate it. Everything else is great with the hearing aids. The auto zoom and stereo zoom needs to be tweaked more to get the noise around me down,

The Ambras are awesome and I have been really pleased with mine so far. The only downside has been I am unable to use my WatchPilot with them :frowning:

Oh well, at least now I can buy a nice watch :smiley:

I use my WatchPilot with my Ambra SP’s. The program switching mode does not seem to work, however. Once I have switched from standard to ZoomControl, it won’t switch back when I press the program button on my WP a second time. Bummer! However, the volume control on the WP works well with my Ambra as long as the watch is within a foot or two at the most from my aids.

To be honest, however, I find the one hand adjustment of programs and volume on one side working for both sides to be one of the best ideas Phonak ever came up with! But if you don’t want attention drawn to the fact that you are wearing aids, the act of checking the time and adjusting volume on the aids at the same time is very neat. And to be honest my black-faced WP looks quite elegant just on its own IMHO.

Did your audiologist pair the WP with your new Ambras?

Thanks for your reply! I had no idea it was possible to use the WP with the Ambras - I just assumed they were completely incompatible. I have my WatchPilot from my MicroPower aids…

I totally agree with you regarding being able to change program/volume from one-side - its a brilliant feature! :slight_smile:

I am finding I use my ComPilot a lot and that also acts as a remote control and more than often its already round my neck.

Given I have ComPilot and I have manual switches on the aids to adjust program/volume I think I might just sell my WP on and get myself a proper watch (at last!!!)

I am just familiarizing myself with the TVLink and ComPilot package that came with my hearing aids and I am really impressed with the technology. Before I had a SmartLink SX and ML9 package with Savia hearing aids and while the 3 microphones in the SmartLink were great, the Bluetooth setup was a bust. I just could not get it to work for me. But these two units really push the envelope and work just as they are supposed to with no compromises. I am a fan of Phonak again!

The great thing for me is that I was all set to buy them separately and when the audiologist told me that they came free with the hearing aids, I was exremely pleased. I paid something like $4,000 just for the SmartLink transmitter and ML9 receivers 7 years ago on top of the price of the Savia hearing aids.

I do have a question for everyone, however:

If I got a BlueTooth microphone, would it be able to pair with the ComPilot? If it could, presumably I could be anywhere in range of the BT signal the building and be able monitor what was going on in a different room (with the permission of everyone in that room, of course :wink: . I used to do that with the SmartLink SX and it worked very well.