Phonak Warranty Service for Self Programmers

I am a self-programmer and do not use an audiologist. I need to send my HA’s to Phonak some time before the warranty runs out but I need an Audiologist to do this for me.
Do any of you Canadians know of a sympathetic Audiologist in the west side of Toronto that can send in my HA’s for a reasonable fee.
Thanks

1 Like

Good question. I don’t have the answer, but this “audiology need” is what happened to me when doing molds.

Please understand my due respect for “all good” audiology professionals.

Also, I would like to know if purchasers of used hearing aids can check that they are legit if the seller provides serial numbers.

Sure why not, any clinic could help you with this, as they are Phonak models you can easily check the warranty status with target software, buying used is a good way to save money,if you get them cheap enough you don’t even need to worry about a warranty, just throw them out when they die and get another set, this is what I’ve done on a few over the years, I take it your worried about those unreliable rechargeable batteries? If so a known issue, I only buy and use the tried and tested disposable which works for me.

1 Like

When I check the warranty info on Target it tells me when the warranty starts and ends. Would it also indicate if the HA’s are stolen?

No absolutely they wouldn’t, with all due respect it’s too late to be thinking about this now, I’d just ask a local clinic to check the the status for you, leave them the serial numbers and your contact information and go from there.

I would never send used aids that I purchased on ebay or Market place in for repair. they will most likely be confiscated due to being claimed by the owner that they were lost and replaced … or VA issued aid that belong to the VA .

More Incorrect information right there, the VA do not own any HAs, once issued to anyone, they then become the new owners ownership and they can sell swap or give them away as they see fit, and for you to imply that most hearing aids sold on eBay are lost or stolen is just plain ridiculous nonsense.

1 Like

I’ve never have to send an Aid in for repair but my last two sets of Aids were brand new and sealed from eBay. Makes me wonder where they came from.

1 Like

The reason for my questions is that I bought used rechargeable Phonak Paradise. I would like to get the batteries replaced just before the end of the warranty (as others on this forum have done), but I don’t want to risk them being confiscated by Phonak due to loss or theft.

Sure I understand, so the only way to know 100% then would be to ask your local clinic to find out for you, like before handing them over, you give them the serial numbers and go from there, but just for your information, if your interested and like a bit of DIY, the battery can be replaced in a DIY project, it’s not for the faint hearted tho!

@tenkan Many thanks for helpful direction.

1 Like