Phonak V 90

I have a pair of V 90’s that just turned 3 years old. One problem that I’ve had since the day one was programs changing. Any public place I find they are changing programs constantly. I can be watching a TV show and they are constantly changing volume. This is my second pair of hearing aids. My first pair were Oticons and I didn’t to have this kind of problem. Is this common??

Have you had an Audiologist look into this? Sound like a program adjustment is needed.

Sounds like a problem with the automatic / AutoSense program.

She’s not an Audi. she’s an HIS. I have mentioned it to her a number of times and the problem is still there. I bought these Phonak V90’s 3 yrs. ago. Reading the reviews they were suppose to be the latest and the greatest. In the end I just parked them and went back to my old Oticon Acto Pros.

the phonak V90 hearing aids models have a six automatic programs change according the Ambient sound environment .
you can go to audiologist for fixed one program only without automatic changed

Went to an HIS. for these second pair of hearing aids. I thought that with an HIS and her dealing with only Phonak that she would know all the ins and outs of the product. I guess I was wrong. Where would a person see what the six programs are so I could pick out the best one suit my needs?

any audiologist he have phonak target for programming hearing aids. can tell you what the situation do you need it.
I think you need brogram number 1 or 2
1 ( calm situation )
2 ( speech in noise )

I have a later version and I know what you are talking about, but mine don’t change like that unless I’m in a loud, mixed environment, like a loud restaurant with music, with people close by talking and people further away, talking/yelling. Then I can tell it is changing back and forth depending on the music and whether there is a pause in the local conversation.

It sounds like the pro didn’t make changes to those settings, so that is strange. Every automatic environment is adjustable so she could tone it down.

Maybe it’s time to send them back for “repair”. They may just replace the hardware and reload your settings, and that may take care of it.

Or find an audiologist that knows more than HIS on the phonak aids.

I want to thank everyone for responding to my question. When you wash your hands and your hearing aids reduce the volume to almost nothing, you know you have a problem.
CSB

Here’s a thought: Have an audiologist, of someone who can use the Target software to program your aids go to “Fine Tuning” and click on the down-arrow next to “AutoSense OS”. Then click on “Open Program Options”. Move the “Blending” slider to “Balanced”, “Slow” or “Very Slow”. Also make sure the “Activation Level” slider is toward the middle or higher end of the range so that “Speech in Loud Noise” program doesn’t activate too easily.

Something to try… hope it helps! Nick

My V90s are fine. I can hear the subtle changes only if I try and the only major program changes that are noticeable are when in a loud noise environment with no nearby speech they go into comfort in noise program and are blissfully quiet then if someone speaks to me they go back into speech in loud noise to allow better hearing for speech. These are really the only times when the changes are obvious without trying to pick them.

I also have a 3 year old pair of V90s. What you describe is not what I have experienced. The only time a noticeable program change happens is when I am in an environment where the sound levels are constantly changing.
I agree with the previous posters who recommend you go to an audiologist that knows the Phonak Target software and explain your issue.
Good luck

I had the noise, t coil and music put on programs I can control and had the auto sense thing turned off. It can be done because the HIS at Costco called the factory rep and found out how to do it. I have the Phonak Brio 3 with 675 battery[quote=“csb, post:1, topic:38657, full:true”]
I have a pair of V 90’s that just turned 3 years old. One problem that I’ve had since the day one was programs changing. Any public place I find they are changing programs constantly. I can be watching a TV show and they are constantly changing volume. This is my second pair of hearing aids. My first pair were Oticons and I didn’t to have this kind of problem. Is this common??
[/quote]

Maybe you or your fitter should take some time to get educated about what AutoSense is about. The Audiology online course is free. Though, you have to open an account to take the course. But it’s free unless you are seeking college credits.

I have the Brio 3 and I’m not finding those problems. Autosense is a big help and handles things the way I would want about 90% of the time.

I do have a program for loud noise because sometimes I’m in an environment where I know that is the right setting and I don’t want it searching for anything else. For example, if I’m in a loud restaurant with several people at my table, and there are large tables close by, and music in the background, I don’t want the hearing aid trying to interpret that, is it noise, is it speech, or is it music? In that case I want to tell it what to do.

Otherwise it makes the right decision almost all the time. I’ve never had it make any noticeable changes if there was only one sound source, like TV.

I have worn Phonak for about 20 years and these new Phonak Brio with auto sence try to think for me and I didn’t like that. I know when I need things changed. I also didn’t like the T coil tone. Most of the time I don’t use the T coil and if I do I have it on a program and I control it not auto sence. If auto sence works for you great. I didn’t like it.