Phonak unveils Lumity hearing aid platform

Maybe this is a possible solution?
https://www.makeuseof.com/run-two-copies-of-app-android/
Found here:

2 Likes

I understand the app will only allow one pair of hearing aids. If, like me, you don’t wish to use Autosense, it can be removed/disabled in the fitting software. Since I’ve done this, I rarely feel the need to use the app at all. I have my P90s installed on my main phone. I also have both my P90s and M70s set up for streaming/calls on this, and a second phone. Only one set will connect at any particular time however. I have the app on my 2nd phone for the M70s, but rarely use it.
Peter

1 Like

WOW I never knew that. I’m still debating whether to just download the myPhonak app, but I appreciate this helpful tip for if/when that happens. I doubt my audi would’ve told me so,

OK, this may be the million dollar question: if I have TWO (redundant) pairs of Phonak Lumity Life aids, does that mean that only ONE PAIR can be controlled by the myPhonak app? That would be really STOOPID considering how many of us have “backup” aids that we’d also like up, running, and instantly, seamlessly ready to go if we pop them in our ears.

@1Bluejay
As far as I know, sadly

Before you put them in your ears, just pair them.

I need to close the battery doors on my Aids so that allows the App to know my Aids are in pairing mode.

I have to close the battery doors anyway to wear them.

3 Likes

I have my L90’s on the Firm double tap sensitivity, but chewing knocks them out of it and back to Automatic quite often. Annoying when I’m watching TV and the sound suddenly cuts out. Or the odd touch to my hair might do it.

Hi everyone,
are there any rumors about a new phonak device in 2024?
In my opinion there could also be notable improvements thanks to AI.

I love Phonak and I currently have the marvel m90.
I tried the Paradise and the Lumity but didn’t buy them.

I also ask if the Bluetooth of the hearing aids can be turned off, to avoid electromagnetic fields around the brain.
I couldn’t do it with my Marvels.

Best regards

Traditional Bluetooth will not allow more than one device paired at a time. Theoretically the newer LE Audio (not widely available) does, but I don’t know if those HA that do support LE Audio actually permit more than one set paired at a time within their app. I am currently doing my homework in selecting my first HA and this type of issues are rarely mentioned, so thank you for asking. Like they say, devil is in the details.

1 Like

I have Phonak Audeo Lumity hearing aids. I’m not sure how many devices can be paired, but it is several. I’m guessing 6 to 8. They can also connect to 2 bluetooth devices at one time, plus one proprietary device (Phonak tv transmitter or Phonak Roger device).

So if i I’m using the tv transmitter, and my phone or tablet has something to say, the sound from the tv stops, i hear the other device, then the sound from the tv transmitter continues. Its very quick to switch, so usually i hear the whole thing (i dont miss the first word).

1 Like

You can pair more sets/pair of hearing aids with your smartphone, but the App always connect only with one set/pair of hearing aids. All of the manufacturers assume that each customer owns/uses only one pair of hearing aids.

For the app, I use another phone for my backup aids

Peter

Perhaps this is where I got confused. I could never stream anything to 2 separate devices SIMULTANEOUSLY.