Phonak TV Connector with Naida M90-SP

Hi there!

Following question:
How does it work when I watch TV with Phonak TV Connector with my Phonak Marvel90-SP hearing aids and the samsung smartphone rings?
Can I even hear the ringing on my hearing aids because they are connected to the TV Connector?
According to the description:
You can pair two Bluetooth devices (e.g. a smartphone and a tablet) with your Marvel hearing aids, one of which can always be connected.
Do I have to switch off the TV Connector so that I can make calls with my smartphone?
Or do I just need to press the switch on the hearing aid and am connected to the smartphone and after the phone call I am automatically reconnected to the TV Connector?

Crisi

You can hit the toggle switch on your aids or use your phone to accept the call. After the call the TV connector will automatically return to sound. The phone has priority.

You have some nice aids.

Thanks for your quick reply.
I ask because I still have this device at home and I cannot switch between TV Connector and smartphone with it.
Only watching TV works, if I want to make a call I have to switch off this device.

That is a different device than the Phonak TV Connector or the TV Connector from Costco that does the same thing and is designed for thePhonak KS9 aids. I do not know how the TaoTronics device will work with your aids.
Good luck

Since this is a regular BT device, I’d expect same behaviour as any other BT device - with marvels you can have only one connection (more pairings though), so yes, only way is to switch off all BT sources you don’t need, and aids will connect to the one still turned on.

No automatic switching between BT devices on marvels. Paradises can do it in some circumstances with 2 BT devices.

However phonak’s TV connector is another animal, and it doesn’t connect to BT but proprietary system. And if you use that, you get a few things - first, with such connector then regular BT connection is free and if phone rings, it will take precedence automatically.
Second, this proprietary version uses much less battery (like 3 or 4 times less) compared to regular BT.

And third, since there’s special program in aids for BT calls (hands free) , and for BT streaming (a2dp or however) and for TV connector - your fitter can adjust each to own needs. Eg you watch TV at home and don’t want to hear environmental sounds but also don’t need noise cancelling and want more bass vs you stream podcasts when jogging, you need noise cancelling and environmental sounds but you want more mids.

In other words, go for regular TV connector, it’s worth every cent.

2 Likes

Question - what does the Phonak TV connector cost? Buying through Audi/dealer. I assume it also comes with a warranty and hopefully (if battery) required can be swapped out by user.

It runs on mains power. I don’t think it has a battery in it.

No battery, runs on USB, so mine is plugged in one of TV’s USBs

Price in Germany is around 200 eur.

1 Like

My audi sells them for $150. I have seen them on ebay for about $100.

Jim

thank you for the numerous input. I bought 2 devices Phonak TV Connector from different vendors, with both the price incl. delivery was about 200 euros.