Phonak timeline for new power aid roll-out

Answering Neville - my Phonak M70 and the older Naidas are all behind-ear.

Hm, then I’d expect you could get the music sounding pretty close. Especially if you still have the old ones, they could just be matched in test box.

Hello Neville. A test box session would I think be seen as a luxury in our nationally-insured hearing clinics! I rely on my ears to make comparisons, and mostly the difference between my different generation Phonaks is that the more recent, smarter, pair sound a bit more grainy.
Tried another more recent make, let’s not name names, and the digital grunge on music was awful, along with earpiece mechanical resonances that were half an octave apart so stereo image on soloists jumped L-R-L all the time. Cannot imagine that could have been remedied, other than by more careful manufacture.

I mean, matching in testbox resolves the problem faster than multiple tweaking appointments. At the very least they could look at the settings in your old device and do a bit of matching. Or at the VERY least they could give you a dedicated music program that turns off the extra features and feedback manager and boosts the lows a bit.

2 Likes